Roster Building Thread - Part XII

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I don't know.....these are exactly the trolling kind of statements Stan would make about the Rangers back in the 70's and 80's when he was a regular columnist in the Hockey News. He's really much more attuned to the Devils and Islanders and always has been since the inception of both of those teams. He's always been something of a crap talking /gossip hound journalist and that's not really changed.....trying to live off pissing off one side to favor another. In the past it gained him notoriety which also got him work. Basically he's a grifter (but for some a very likable one) and always has been.

I've never taken what he's said all that seriously because there's always been an agenda and not really much analysis. He belongs to the age of the Bill Chadwick's. He may be more knowledgeable about subways than he is about hockey.
Does he still have a following? Maybe among Ranger hater’s? For those people it’s like they found their old man’s playboy magazine and now they’re in the bathroom.
Kinda sad for Stan and anyone who still listens to his hockey takes.

Reactions: eco's bones

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
The difference being that Hank actually was the only reason we even made the playoffs for years. Igor has had 1 historic season but never shown the consistency of Lundqvist. And nothing against Igor as a playoff performer, but wake me when he shuts out a team in a Game 6 or 7 (or back to back) like Hank did every year.

Also sad to say but isnt the fact that we paid Henrik and he retired cupless a good reason not to pay Igor an exorbitant amount?
Wise

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Does he still have a following? Maybe among Ranger hater’s? For those people it’s like they found their old man’s playboy magazine and now they’re in the bathroom.
Kinda sad for Stan and anyone who still listens to his hockey takes.

I don't hate the guy but I've never really thought he was all that knowledgeable about the game and he's never really cared for the Rangers at all.....not that he necessarily should but then he should at least make an attempt to be fair . Bissonnette these days kind of trolls us like he use to do. Bissonnette maybe a bit smarter all in all but he's an ex-player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad