Roster Building Thread - Part XII(Training Camp/Preseason)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
It’s the exact same team and issues as last year. Doesn’t matter about the 1 young guy who is going to make the roster. Also who cares about the f***ing deadline, we have no more picks to give up lol and we will be retooling next year when this core fails again.

I know I’m being negative but this is the same trash as last year.

Also, trouba should be booed because he sucks a bag of dicks at hockey. Not because of anything else.
How miserable

Reactions: Kords and bhamill

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Negotiations won’t be happening during the year until Drury realizes Igor has them by the balls and just accepts his fate. At which point negotiations will resume

Guarantee they don’t go into next summer without a deal. Drury said as much that they’re priority is to re-sign him

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Negotiations won’t be happening during the year until Drury realizes Igor has them by the balls and just accepts his fate. At which point negotiations will resume

Guarantee they don’t go into next summer without a deal. Drury said as much that they’re priority is to re-sign him
I frankly think Drury has nothing to lose by letting this play out, unless Igor would somehow take offence to not being a priority and force himself to free-agency because of it.

Look, even if Igor will have the most mind-bogglingly good season there has been in the history of goaltending, how does that improve his position if he's already asking for the biggest contract in goaltending history? On the other hand, if doesn't play well, Drury might be able to lower the price.

By the nature of the position and what Igor is reportedly asking, I think it's actually Drury's advantage the further this goes along. Unless, like I said, Igor would somehow take offence and deliberately want out of New York. And let's face it, not that many people want out of New York.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I frankly think Drury has nothing to lose by letting this play out, unless Igor would somehow take offence to not being a priority and force himself to free-agency because of it.

Look, even if Igor will have the most mind-bogglingly good season there has been in the history of goaltending, how does that improve his position if he's already asking for the biggest contract in goaltending history? On the other hand, if doesn't play well, Drury might be able to lower the price.

By the nature of the position and what Igor is reportedly asking, I think it's actually Drury's advantage the further this goes along. Unless, like I said, Igor would somehow take offence and deliberately want out of New York. And let's face it, not that many people want out of New York.
Exactly.

And what teams can actually afford him with his demands. Certainly not most (if not all) contenders. Does he really want to go a rebuilding team?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'll admit I've never understood why it's considered so difficult for an agent and GM to debate contracts while a player plays.

Maybe risk and uncertainty with injuries?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I'll admit I've never understood why it's considered so difficult for an agent and GM to debate contracts while a player plays.

Maybe risk and uncertainty with injuries?
I think it’s more of a mental thing. They dont want outside distractions that could hinder his game (both sides).

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Or, speaking of balls, we could go full bern and do something like
Shesty + Zib +
for
Nylander ++

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
How miserable

I like to live in reality. This is the truth of the team and trouba should be booed bc of his play on the ice, nothing more. I mean I can hope for a better season. But what’s the saying, you can shit in one hand and hope in the other and see what happens first.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I'm feeling if they do re-sign him it'll be the very last minute. We'll go through a myriad of arguments and trade proposals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad