Roster Building Thread - Part XII(Training Camp/Preseason)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He threw some hits, could defend and was underrated in his offensive game,, early in his career but when challenged sadly another bigger dman that couldn't fight out of a paper bag

Back to when he was good

Jamal Mayers was a legit light heavy back then. Semin not much at all at that. Mayers also gets the jump on Staal there. None of the Staal's were ever particularly good at defending themselves though. Mayers seemed like a guy who would fight 8-10 times a year for a bunch of years. It wouldn't shock me at all if I were to go to hockeyfights he'd have over 100 listed.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He threw some hits, could defend and was underrated in his offensive game,, early in his career but when challenged sadly another bigger dman that couldn't fight out of a paper bag

Back to when he was good

Who gives a shit if he could fight? Fighting has barely been a thing for the last 20 years and that's not his role.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Again, another stupid idiot who suggests trade youth [Schneid] + for a vet
NO NO NO

hopefully we denounce these losers repeatedly, they won't go there at sq 1

Reactions: Bacon Artemi Bravo

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
NO NO NO

It's just some random fan's bright idea. I don't see it happening for several reasons. Last year the Zibanejad line at 5v5 had issues with its RW. None of Kakko, Wheeler, Roslovic were really good enough which is why the move for Reilly Smith. So take him away and there is good likelihood we have the same problem all over again.

We also have questions about our defensive depth and trading a younger and healthy D for an injury prone vet is not how you solve that kind of issue.

Denisenko at this point is a failed prospect. He had a productive year in the AHL last year but he's a 2018 draft---(Kakko was a 2019 to put that in perspective) with 32 NHL games and 0 goals after 4 years of plugging away in North America. Does he still have a chance to become an NHL player? Yeah....probably but I wouldn't expect he's going to be any kind of a world beater and we have plenty of very good prospect forwards already. I don't think he adds much to our organization that we don't already have plenty of.

So Schneider and our possible top 6 RW solution and a 1st rounder for an injury prone vet and a prospect who's yet to make any real impact 6 years after he was drafted---I don't think that's got much chance of happening.

Reactions: bernmeister

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Imo this is a must win year, once Igor's next contract hits its gonna be real tough. The unfortunate part of all of this is that we'll need young players more than ever after next year and if we're to go for it this year it will be at the cost of draft picks

Reactions: romba

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Imo this is a must win year, once Igor's next contract hits its gonna be real tough. The unfortunate part of all of this is that we'll need young players more than ever after next year and if we're to go for it this year it will be at the cost of draft picks
@bernmeister Don't read this post.

Reactions: bernmeister

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Who gives a shit if he could fight? Fighting has barely been a thing for the last 20 years and that's not his role.
So when a player gets challenged after a clean hit you rsther him not fight or get attacked and turtle. If a player threw a clean hit, he has to be able to back it up.

NO NO NO

Awful trade

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
why? you said it was a clean hit

league has to clamp down, more consistently, against guys who instigate(attack) after a teammate fields a hit

They won’t so this will still become an issue. I rather have a player who hits and backs up then hits, taunts and skates away like Steve Webb. Remember him.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
So when a player gets challenged after a clean hit you rsther him not fight or get attacked and turtle. If a player threw a clean hit, he has to be able to back it up.

Awful trade
So Staal should have trained in the offseason on becoming a better fighter because of a chance somebody might take a hit personal and fight? It's not like Staal threw big hits each game picking his spots to really lay into somebody. There was a lot to knock Staal on, but this one is a big reach.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
What draft picks? We barely have any left for the next few years (especially seconds).

Reactions: RangersFan1994

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I actually like Theodore so I wouldn’t be opposed to him
maybe but not at cost of Schneider
that's subtraction by addition

It's just some random fan's bright idea. I don't see it happening for several reasons. Last year the Zibanejad line at 5v5 had issues with its RW. None of Kakko, Wheeler, Roslovic were really good enough which is why the move for Reilly Smith. So take him away and there is good likelihood we have the same problem all over again.

We also have questions about our defensive depth and trading a younger and healthy D for an injury prone vet is not how you solve that kind of issue.

Denisenko at this point is a failed prospect. He had a productive year in the AHL last year but he's a 2018 draft---(Kakko was a 2019 to put that in perspective) with 32 NHL games and 0 goals after 4 years of plugging away in North America. Does he still have a chance to become an NHL player? Yeah....probably but I wouldn't expect he's going to be any kind of a world beater and we have plenty of very good prospect forwards already. I don't think he adds much to our organization that we don't already have plenty of.

So Schneider and our possible top 6 RW solution and a 1st rounder for an injury prone vet and a prospect who's yet to make any real impact 6 years after he was drafted---I don't think that's got much chance of happening.
full concur my friend but I want the idiots who come up with this nonsense to get blowback and incur my wrath

@bernmeister Don't read this post.
too late
they will listen to me and not squander picks or not and go there
But as we have seen, bern usually right rentals/short term adds not usually worth it

Fowler for Trouba straight up... who says no? (Provided Mrs Trouba says yes).
No
Draft picks for trouba, add Mancini or what's his name

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad