Roster Building Thread - Part XII (Season starts 10/9 @ 7:30 pm)

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I hear the offer was 10.8 and they rounded up on the amount of reasons Igor has to sign.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
thanks to Igor is selling it very short. We're done in 5 against CAR without him. Florida laughed us off the ice and Igor pulling miracles couldn't save us. We were a fluke Wennberg goal away from an embarrassing exit.

The Panthers lived off fluke goals that entire series, had like 2 in that game alone. I love when people just omit facts to further their agenda.

Last edited:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
This is a 300 iq play by Igor to get out of NY, he saw what happened to Hank and after last post season he's already seeing first hand. He'll sign with an actual contender for 9 mil and win 3 cups. Bravo, Igor!

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He ain't worse than Kakko. Haha

However, he does kinda seem like a caricature of a "hockey bro". Played with a lot of those dude back in college. They can be nice guys and fun, but they can also be pretty shitty.
I don't care if he's a bro, he just has a lot of really annoying habits on the ice.

He's a much worse version of Zibanejad, and people can't stand Zibanejad.

Reactions: bhamill

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
This thread was quickly overtaken by the Igor rumour so I may have missed any news but have any of yesterday's paper transactions been undone yet?

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
I don't care if he's a bro, he just has a lot of really annoying habits on the ice.

He's a much worse version of Zibanejad, and people can't stand Zibanejad.
Well that is what I am getting at. Off ice i don't know, obviously, but I mention that cause he strikes me as someone that plays how he wants, regardless of what is asked and/or needed and that isn't good on a team. Just ask the Rangers and Panarin. More of those guys is bad. Less that, more Trocheck.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
the hilarious (?) thing about this is that there is literally no good way it ends. None.

Either he plays lights out and gets the deal he wants, hamstringing NYR for entirety of his deal and becoming villain every time he lets in a single goal ("WE PAID 12.5mm FOR THIS!??") or he doesn't earn the deal he wants this year, Rangers do poorly, and he's the villain anyway ("VIBES ARE OFF BC SELFISH SHESTY SIEVE").

There's no way to win. no optimal outcome. Zugzwang.

Reactions: majordomo and Ail

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
the hilarious (?) thing about this is that there is literally no good way it ends. None.

Either he plays lights out and gets the deal he wants, hamstringing NYR for entirety of his deal and becoming villain every time he lets in a single goal ("WE PAID 12.5mm FOR THIS!??") or he doesn't earn the deal he wants this year, Rangers do poorly, and he's the villain anyway ("VIBES ARE OFF BC SELFISH SHESTY SIEVE").

The perfect outcome.

We win cup. Drury grows balls and still lets Shesty walk.l rather than giving that contract.

Now, onto reality. We dont win cup, drury caves and we still dont win cup and become stuck on first/second round exits.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
puckpedia.com

The only optimal outcome is him having a more historic season than 2022 and the Rangers winning the Cup.
If worse comes to worse, we have Garand and the ability to sign some more pieces to fill out the team in the coming years.

Reactions: bhamill

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
This is a 300 iq play by Igor to get out of NY, he saw what happened to Hank and after last post season he's already seeing first hand. He'll sign with an actual contender for 9 mil and win 3 cups. Bravo, Igor!

Igor will never win a Cup if it not with the Rangers, you can put that in ink... Also Hank's got a pretty sweet life in NYC with his number retired, never having to pay for a sporting event or concert ever again. If he wants out of NY so bad, wait until he gets to Columbus or San Jose.

Reactions: bhamill and Ail

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
I'm blackpilling so hard right now. Drury doesn't have the nuts to do what should be done and even if he did theres no way Dolan lets Henrikov Lundqovich slip through his fingers.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad