Roster Building Thread - Part XII (Season starts 10/9 @ 7:30 pm)

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I'm curious as to how they came up with this ranking. It's not alphabetical.

I'm guessing this is just the order (or inverse order) that the teams were plugged into the array within the code the last time we changed up divisions, and when they're all pulled at the same time with no tie breaks separating them, they just get spit out like this.

Reactions: DialUp

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I can't agree with this enough. Signing Panarin and trading/signing Trouba were dumb at the time; they weren't ready to go all in. The Trouba contract looks even worse now. The people running this organization have attention spans of a gnat. Whatever their plan/strategy is/was, if they had one, was and is idiotic
Or, most likely, it was owner driven. I think the Montreal rebuild is going pretty decently with Gorton at the reins. Taking a shot with Laine is in no way comparable to the commitment on Panarin and Trouba btw, before someone points that out.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Or, most likely, it was owner driven. I think the Montreal rebuild is going pretty decently with Gorton at the reins. Taking a shot with Laine is in no way comparable to the commitment on Panarin and Trouba btw, before someone points that out.

Montreal has had no cap to spend since he got there.

The owner driven stuff is nonsense. This is what Gorton (with full backing from JD) wanted.

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Dolan is an asshole for the same reason they're all assholes but we can't keep leaning on that.

He left Leon Rose alone and let him build an empire. If the Knicks can do a well-executed rebuild, he'll let us do it too.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We already had the Kakko pick when Gorton made all his big moves in 2019. He won one lottery and thought he was taking a shortcut.

He massively overvalued Kakko, and the picks he made leading up to Kakko, which were mostly ass. It ruined our rebuild.

We were already too good to be bottom dwellers but not good enough to win by the following year. He hit the emergency break on a rebuild inside 12 months. It was over.

We deserved to miss out on Lafreniere and got extremely lucky.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Edmonton is one of the dumbest franchises ever, they just let Lavoie go on waivers to Vegas. Idiots, I would have loved to have made a deal for him here, he needs a change of scenery. Meanwhile we're worried bout putting Ahl superstar Brodzinski on waivers lol

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
We got Trouba first, then Fox.
We had zero rhd and we needed someone to eat the tough minutes.
The Trouba contract is peanuts if there isn’t a pandemic.
The Panarin contract isn’t the squeeze it is if there isn’t a pandemic.

The rangers made logical mover. Panarin didn’t suddenly push us into a middling playoff team ruining the rebuild.
The rangers were targeting guys like zegras and lundell.

We don’t miss on one of Andersson, vk. We have a cup.
Trouba contract is bad even if the Cap is 110 million.

We paid him that money thinking he could be a #1 or a at least a #2

He was ehhhh okay the first year but now he’s just terrible and being paid nearly as much as Fox

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad