Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I would be shocked if Trouba isn’t on the opening night roster.

Have said it before but would bet a lot that the NYR thinks he is still a net positive on the ice.

They didn’t want to move him because they think he is bad, more so that they had the opportunity to give Schneider more minutes and reinvest the salary difference into Guentzel or Kane or whoever RW.

Thats over now. So don’t expect they are in a rush to dump him even though they should be because he has no business playing significant minutes on a team trying to contend.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
If we say she gets paid on the upper scale of 1m yearly salary, being a neurosurgeon, she'd have to work nearly 60 more years to out earn Trouba with just the neurosurgeon salary, not even counting whatever investments Trouba already earned money on, or what's left that he'll be paid on this contract. That's highly unlikely. Trouba's career earning is around 60m and counting.
1m is not the upper end for a neurosurgeon.
That is the midrange for a neurosurgeon.
If they stayed in nyc she’d probably make 750-1m as a neurosurgeon.
If she wanted 5+ then she’d be looking at like Wyoming or north/South Dakota.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I would be shocked if Trouba isn’t on the opening night roster.

Have said it before but would bet a lot that the NYR thinks he is still a net positive on the ice.

They didn’t want to move him because they think he is bad, more so that they had the opportunity to give Schneider more minutes and reinvest the salary difference into Guentzel or Kane or whoever RW.

Thats over now. So don’t expect they are in a rush to dump him even though they should be because he has no business playing significant minutes on a team trying to contend.
Yeah, it was always a money issue. The team still likes him because you know how they love giving up goals and being in their own zone.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Yeah, it was always a money issue. The team still likes him because you know how they love giving up goals and being in their own zone.
If it was a money issue as you say Drury wouldn't even try moving him this offseason (money pressure comes after the upcoming season).

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
If it was a money issue as you say Drury wouldn't even try moving him this offseason (money pressure comes after the upcoming season).
As has been hinted at, it is very possible Drury had something in mind that would (a) move Trouba, (b) get a suitable replacement and (c) give him more cap flexibility.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
If they buyout Trouba with no real moves to make now that the off-season is basically done, it'll be beyond stupid. Currently, NYR have deadline cash should they need it. Addition by subtraction is probably not worth the buyout.
Agreed. If they were gonna go this route, it should have been done when there were halfway decent UFA replacements available.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They most likely had something in mind for July 1st. If it was a play issue, he'd be off the team somehow.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think you're being a little too generous there with their pay, esp for mid-range. The only way she'd ever get close to 5m, in any state, is if she was one of the best neurosurgeons. 1m is definitely on the higher end.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
As has been hinted at, it is very possible Drury had something in mind that would (a) move Trouba, (b) get a suitable replacement and (c) give him more cap flexibility.
That's my point. Cap flexibility is not "good to have" but must have next season - so an attempt to do it sooner indicates that it wasn't only money issue re. Trouba

Reactions: majordomo

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
They most likely had something in mind for July 1st. If it was a play issue, he'd be off the team somehow.
I guess I misunderstood your definition of play vs. money. I was thinking play issue can be defined as a bang for the buck too - and could have find a cheaper alternative that could provide a level of acceptable performance at 3RD while spending extra cap space in other areas. Money aside most teams can / will be doing a lot worse than Trouba on a 3rd pair

Edit: As an example Hagelin was moved purely for the money issue (his departure made the team worse but there was no way of fitting him under the cap)

Last edited:

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Where have people seen that she’s trying to be a neurosurgeon?? I googled it quickly out of interest but didn’t see anything on it

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Yup, there’s no other reason that Trouba would still be here. They think he’s in the good-but-overpaid category. If they really grasped how bad he is he’d have been bought out before FA

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Where have people seen that she’s trying to be a neurosurgeon?? I googled it quickly out of interest but didn’t see anything on it
No she’s either internal med or family med is my guess.

But the other poster started talking specifically about NS. So I just responded to that.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
No she’s either internal med or family med is my guess.

But the other poster started talking specifically about NS. So I just responded to that.
Correct....OP used neuro as an example.....I've seen nothing in the media indicating what she was studying. It was my impression that most medical students don't really decided on their specialty until either med school or internship is over. (I welcome being corrected on this point.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad