Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Not reading the last 5 pages of this abomination thread but you guys have inspired me to quickly construct my all time Rongos team:

Marcel Hossa - Olli Jokinen - Krav

Enver Lisin - Scott Gomez - Nigel Dawes

Tanner Glass - SC Champ Brett Howden - Sjostrom

Brendan Smith - Cory Locke - Aaron Voros

Roszival - Redden

Kotalik - Bickel

Staal - Girardi (2019)

Brendan Smith

Ah, shit I forgot Kotalik was a winger but I’m keeping this as is.
What’s the point of this? Humor? It’s not working

Feel Shame

May 8, 2024
Not reading the last 5 pages of this abomination thread but you guys have inspired me to quickly construct my all time Rongos team:

Roszival - Redden

Kotalik - Bickel

Staal - Girardi (2019)

Brendan Smith

Must not remember Stephane Quintal or Valeri Kamensky, Mike Keane, Al Montoya in net. Or is this just circa when Rongo was created? How does that work?

• Haha
Reactions: Rongomania

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Roszival - Redden

Kotalik - Bickel

Staal - Girardi (2019)

Brendan Smith

I think it was technically pre-Rongo but Ozolinsh belongs. Christ, everyone called him Bozolinsh.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
And then what? The cap goes up another 3 or 4 mill and we have to pay him 14 mill for 8 years then? Theres tons of teams that will line up to give him what he wants. The solution isn't waiting its doing it now and showing him a fair offer and a path to competing for the cup where he needs to leave a little on the table in exchange for a better roster around him and a long term deal. Tell him at 10 mill he's fairly paid and they can work other players into the mix. With the cap going up 10 or 11 mill will look like 7 or 8 in no time.
The Rangers have nothing to gain by signing him now and there certainly are not going to be teams lining up to sign a goalie who is turning 30 to an 8 year 14 million dollar deal. Let the stats talk, he has regressed every year since his Vezina winning season.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Roszival - Redden

Kotalik - Bickel

Staal - Girardi (2019)

Brendan Smith

Not enough Emerson Etem or Dmitry Kalinin

• Haha
Reactions: Rongomania

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I cannot believe how little work drury has done

Reilly Smith? Really? That’s it? Sather got goodrow done on his way out. Grier owed it to him thanked him at the draft.

I’m really really surprised

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Reilly Smith? Really? That’s it? Sather got goodrow done on his way out. Grier owed it to him thanked him at the draft.

Between trying to maintain cap space for next year and Trouba turning the screws, Im not sure what else there was to be done.

The fact that they cant or wont change the defense is mindblowing though. Impossible to have any realistic Cup aspirations with the current 6 imo. I hesitate to say they are "punting" because theyll still certainly be in the mix but they cant make any significant changes to the roster until trouba and Panarin are gone. it is what it is.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
The knee looks fine!
Luckily he married a 90 lb waif otherwise he’d be risking some serious injury

Between trying to maintain cap space for next year and Trouba turning the screws, Im not sure what else there was to be done.

The fact that they cant or wont change the defense is mindblowing though. Impossible to have any realistic Cup aspirations with the current 6 imo. I hesitate to say they are "punting" because theyll still certainly be in the mix but they cant make any significant changes to the roster until trouba and Panarin are gone. it is what it is.
Don’t let Drury off the hook that easily.

There’s always stuff that can be done .

LA had no problem offloading Dubois cancerous contraction YEAR 1 of an 8 year disaster

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Luckily he married a 90 lb waif otherwise he’d be risking some serious injury

Don’t let Drury off the hook that easily.

There’s always stuff that can be done .

LA had no problem offloading Dubois cancerous contraction YEAR 1 of an 8 year disaster

I didnt really let him off the hook I mean the defense is a disaster and has been since before the deadline when myself and others were banging the table for Hanifin (or literally any defenseman who can manage to skate or get hit without falling down).

They have more than enough forwards in the organization to field a very good team upfront. the issue has always been pigeonholing the team with guys on D who can't do the job.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I might be in the minority, but I have no issue extending Lindgren for 2-3 years as long as the cap hit isn't very much more than $3M he's making right now.

The cap is poised to explode, and a $3Mish cap hit on the 3rd pair is just fine.

He's also coming off the worst season of his career, one where he looked like he was playing injured for much of the season. There's reason to believe his play could rebound, but that needs to be taken into account in the length and AAV of his contract.

The big thing is player utilization. He needs to be on the 3rd pair. That's on the coach. Find a better partner for Fox.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

There's too much uncertainty going on.
1. The Trouba drama.
- Not being able to trade him has handcuffed the organization for free agency. If they retain/buy out/keep/or take a contract back that's cap they have to account for going forward.
2. Alexis Lafreniere.
- I guess it's going to be a wait and see when it comes to signing him. That could work out or it could end up being a much bigger contract than they anticipated going into the offseason. All it takes is 1 Zibanejad injury for Lafreniere to add some more powerplay points.
3. They have a goalie wants to be paid
- This ones speaks for itself.

If they waisted the money fans would also be screaming come next season when these contracts kick in and the funds aren't there for the above reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad