Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That was after the billboard incident and he was asked publicly on a radio show. What’s he going to say????
Fact of the matter is the rangers were fishing around Eichel a year prior when it became public he was unhappy in Buffalo……
Pegula didn’t come out with the refuse to deal him to NYR schtick until after Brooks reported in the post that Drury/NYR would not include Kakko or Laf in the package going back to Buffalo.

This is correct. Pegula only made those comments on the radio after the billboard was put up and Brooks reported Laf or Kakko would not be included in any way going back to Buf.
No. Petty billionaire got butt hurt and put a Rangers tax on them. Dolan would have done the same thing

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I don't exactly know what the deal with our d is but I'd see a scenario where both Othmann and Berard are on the roster by the new year, imo we need to add more hungry youth to this team. Berard to me is the guy we've been waiting for since Fast left and Othmann our future Callahan/Dubinsky guy.
Both of them play a brash relentless style…. They aren’t big, but chippy. Def something the team needs more of at the fwd position.
Both guys have things they still need to work on, by all accounts Berard is a bit further along in that dept.
By the time camp opens next season, who knows. Sometimes all it takes is 1 offseason and guys come in looking like different more mature players.
Edstrom is another 1 that is smart and hard on the puck…
We def need more guys in that laf/Trochek type of play basket instead of the Panarin/Zibby basket.

Reactions: Kendo

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
After what we saw of him? Doubtful.
He played well for us. Not well enough that I think we should have resigned him with the number of younger players looking for time, but I would have considered it a frugal move had we been bold for a change and made a package for a real trade.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
No. Petty billionaire got butt hurt and put a Rangers tax on them. Dolan would have done the same thing
Not correct….. this was going back and fourth for a year. Brooks wrote articles on it.
The fans at the garden were even chanting we don’t want you when NYR played the Sabres when gorts was still at the helm…..
Those comments by Pegula didn’t come til far down the line after the billboard incident.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not correct….. this was going back and fourth for a year. Brooks wrote articles on it.
The fans at the garden were even chanting we don’t want you when NYR played the Sabres when gorts was still at the helm…..
Those comments by Pegula didn’t come til far down the line after the billboard incident.
Teams were posturing because the Sabres were ready to deal him yet, so yeah of course there were articles in advance.

Billboards went up

Sabres put the Rangers tax on

We don’t want you chants didn’t happen until after the Sabres increased their ask of the Rangers

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Pretty interesting that the Rangers haven't signed some cheap 1 year, $800 guys. Everyone else has. Rangers signed about 5 of them last year. Here's where Drury will insert the youth in.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I thought Roslovic was fine with the Rangers. He’s not a difference maker but he played about as well as you would have hoped for.
For what we sent to get him, I’d agree.
But his game at times looked like he could be a good player. He’s just insanely frustrating to watch.

Reactions: Kendo

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Barabanov and Kubalik are coming off down years. I don't think anyone is lining up to give them big money. Great buy low candidates

Barabanov specially is intriguing to me. Also, Max Pacioretty is also someone I’d be making calls on. He was coming back from a pretty serious injury and did well in his limited time in Washington. LW but can play RW as well. He still has speed and good size along with some grit to his game.

A guy I’m a bit disappointed they didn’t pursue is Danton Heinen. He’s a good 3rd line depth guy. Plays both sides. Good on both ends of the rink. Didn’t get that much from Vancouver

Reactions: B17 Apricots

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad