Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
This is what I have up to now.
Frank Seravalli stated on one of his own media outlets this morning that a source (but it wasn’t clear if the source was building of Larry Brooks, Brooks himself, or other sources because panelist were talking while he was) that Jacob Trouba through his agent has told team that he will not report if he is traded. That includes all 31 teams.
I have seen this afternoon someone repeating that narrative but they are not referring to Seravalli or Brooks as where they received it.

If this is true and I have no idea if it is, then the answer could be as simple as Drury eventually placing him on waivers and in time sending him to Hartford.
If Trouba refuses to report then the Rangers could terminate his contract.

I would guess we will get more clarity in the upcoming weeks.
If this is true, would it not be grounds for termination of the contract right now? Why go thru the motions? His agent calling teams not on the NTC is tampering is it not?

Only this team man.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Today's social media focus on trouba's personal life factors is likely the final nail in the coffin. That's their side pushing back, in order to stay.

Reactions: Fitzy and Atax

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Today's social media focus on trouba's personal life factors is likely the final nail in the coffin. That's their side pushing back, in order to stay.

The amount of people commenting on Twitter that have zero idea of the actual facts, let alone the rumored facts, is staggering. That’s social media for you. People who have no business commenting on the issue at hand entering into an ego pumping circle jerk.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Sounds right to me, but I am a layperson.
Probably a question for GAGline?
I mean if the above about his agent calling teams is true (I'm skeptical), the Rangers could pull a move like the Sharks did with Kane or the Kings did with RIchards & just terminate his contract. Turn the page & let the NHLPA file a grievance. After they sort it all out we may be on the hook for back salary, but neither of those teams got dinged for retroactive cap space if I recall correctly.

Reactions: Atax

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
This is what I have up to now.
Frank Seravalli stated on one of his own media outlets this morning that a source (but it wasn’t clear if the source was building of Larry Brooks, Brooks himself, or other sources because panelist were talking while he was) that Jacob Trouba through his agent has told team that he will not report if he is traded. That includes all 31 teams.
I have seen this afternoon someone repeating that narrative but they are not referring to Seravalli or Brooks as where they received it.

If this is true and I have no idea if it is, then the answer could be as simple as Drury eventually placing him on waivers and in time sending him to Hartford.
If Trouba refuses to report then the Rangers could terminate his contract.

I would guess we will get more clarity in the upcoming weeks.
Do you have where I could find audio of this?

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Do you have where I could find audio of this?
Towards the beginning. I not going to link the other video because it’s a “GUY” who’s just reporting on other sources.
Plus I don’t like that dude.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Because he does. 14 points in 37 games.

On top of that, he needs a new contract next summer which we won't be able to afford given everyone else we have to pay, so he's basically a 1-year rental. Easy pass.

We can afford him if he is a fit, you move players who aren't working for players who are. Tampa, Vegas, Colorado etc all did this very type of thing. His 14 points in 37 games is not that bad considering he was stuck behind guys like Wheeler of all people in the peg as they couldn't get out of their own way if they had a gps. He would be a breath of fresh air here, or maybe we should continue down the pp merchant, plodding vets instead.

Regarding Trouba.. not sure why it got included in this quote but whatever. There's absolutely no way Trouba plays here next year, I'm sorry, but he can't come back to a team that's cap strapped with so many guys looking for a cup and take up 8 mill on the 3rd pair. It's just not happening. He will accept a move somewhere or get put on waivers and if he doesn't report then he forfeits his contract.

Reactions: Atax

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
So someone from the Rangers organization leaked potential Trouba trades to Brooks, Brooks reported it, and Trouba devised his NTC list based on the report? The leak had to have come from the Rangers, because he has no sources in Detroit.

Reactions: Ail

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
So someone from the Rangers organization leaked potential Trouba trades to Brooks, Brooks reported it, and Trouba devised his NTC list based on the report? The leak had to have come from the Rangers, because he has no sources in Detroit.
100%

He had all the details down to the specifics, it came from the team to put pressure on Trouba

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
It was the same playbook as the Goodrow situation. NYP had the arranged deal with SJ 36 hours before hand

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
If that’s the case, Brooks did nothing wrong and the Rangers screwed themselves.

Reactions: Ail

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
There's no way shape or form any of this is Trouba's fault. Or his family's.

This is the fault of the Rangers front office and the media.

The player doing what's been agreed upon in contract is not the player's fault.

He blocked trades? Boo hoo. You agreed upon giving the player NMC and NTC in the contract. It's his contractual right.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!

Okay...then let Trouba have fun in Calgary, Utah, or Buffalo at the first opportunity that presents itself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad