Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Igor to Buffalo for Alex Tuch and one of Levi/UPL. And that's just off the top of my head.

Drury needs to play hardball here. He needs to be willing to trade Igor this summer if the demands are too high. There's even something to be said for trading him regardless. Drury wanted to change the dynamic in the room with Trouba, now his only recourse is dealing Igor. It would suck and there'd be major blowback from the causals. But we went down this road before with Hank. It only led to more suffering.
I think you could get back more than this for Igor.

Reactions: bernmeister

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Yeah but thats the problem. We need Othmann/Kakko breakouts to reach the pinnacle, but that's going to make it harder to keep Igor. Do we want to follow the same path we did with Henrik? That's what we need to ask ourselves.
Careful. You are nearing the conclusion that Igor should be traded no matter what.

• Love
Reactions: McRanger92

OriginalLimbo

May 27, 2019
Agreed. I’d literally rather die than have players be friends
giphy.gif

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
So Joseph is basically a cap dump for Ottawa? Are they in cap hell? What are they doing?
They basically traded Chychrun and Joseph for Jensen.

I mean that's bad. I guess they are opening up cap money to do something? Pinto contract?

Reactions: Atax

OriginalLimbo

May 27, 2019
Yeah, that totally works. Bring back Tony DeAngelo.

Worked for the Flyers too when they were legit contenders and Lindros decided it was open season on other players wifes.

Or when Hasek decided not to suit up because the rest of the Sabres hated him. Hasek got his cups. But it wasent with Sabres.

Divided rooms never conquer.
Thanks for the info!

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
I’m not saying do the Joseph trade per say but it would be nice to be able to gain free assets once in a while to take on a guy like that, we’re usually the team trying to shed cap cause we suck at managing it

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The players see it through a different lense than the fans. Why does this have to be explained again? The players see him as a warrior and leader, somebody they go to war with. He's in the foxhole with them. He plays hard every shift. They see a guy who practices and trains hard and who plays when he is injured. He is the captain of this team. It's really not hard to understand why he is well liked by the players as was Goodrow.

I mean that says a lot about how much players want to win.

Reactions: McRanger92

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
There’s a lot of talk about the player’s emotions here. Yeah, they’re human, we get it.

All of that said, how can these guys not have any negative emotions for Trouba after he embarrassed himself and the franchise all throughout the playoffs? Throwing and missing on wildly dangerous hits. Constantly taking himself out of the play. Narrowly avoiding suspensions for egregious elbows. Penalty after penalty.

For all this talk about leadership, the guy plays one of the most selfish games I have ever seen. I would be PISSED if I was a teammate given Trouba’s critical role in pissing away a real chance at the Cup.

I still can’t believe this dude has an $8M cap hit and is the captain of the team. It’s ridiculous and it sucks to be us.
But he tries hard and throws his helmet when his teammates don't. You can't put a price tag on that. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: B17 Apricots

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I mean that says a lot about how much players want to win.
They absolutely do. They all put a ton of effort into their craft during the grueling NHL season and off season training. A season in which they had 114 points and a trip to the ECF. That's not done with smoke and mirrors. Spoiled brats on this board think it's so damn easy to win in this league. It takes talent and skill, but also a lot of commitment and hard work. Respecting a guy who does the same, who is a leader, and who gives a 100% effort is not a bad thing.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad