Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Also as far as trading Igor goes... for me Henrik has nothing to do with it. 13% for Hank wasn't the issue. 17% for Dan and Marc was. You could've had Hank at his number and had a cup-worthy roster. Hank just accidentally made a bunch of horrible players rich alongside him.

Yuppppp.

The worst part of that is it was 17% to those 2 who had already shown signs of decline even before they were extended (especially Staal.)

It's insane that they are willing to make the same mistake with Lindgren who won't eat as much cap but still presents the problem of having a sub optimal player in the lineup most likely playing 2 pairs above where he belongs.

Reactions: Ail and Atax

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
There’s a lot of talk about the player’s emotions here. Yeah, they’re human, we get it.

All of that said, how can these guys not have any negative emotions for Trouba after he embarrassed himself and the franchise all throughout the playoffs? Throwing and missing on wildly dangerous hits. Constantly taking himself out of the play. Narrowly avoiding suspensions for egregious elbows. Penalty after penalty.

For all this talk about leadership, the guy plays one of the most selfish games I have ever seen. I would be PISSED if I was a teammate given Trouba’s critical role in pissing away a real chance at the Cup.

I still can’t believe this dude has an $8M cap hit and is the captain of the team. It’s ridiculous and it sucks to be us.

The bolded simply don't represent reality in any way, at least and espeically not from the Players' PoV. Even from a fan's point of view they are hyperbolic at best.

No one player loses a series, Trouba wasn't why they lost and there's plenty of blame to go around. He sucked, so did many others.

If you think or expect his teammates might actually or should want him gone based off his play in that series/season or because he makes too much money, and that they think they can't win a championship because of him, it's simply beyond delusional.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Great win more regular season awards and we can keep being the Dallas cowboys of the nhl.

With a round 1 or 2 exit yup. Sounds right for this group as usual
You act like they were one and done. They won 10 playoff games which only 4 teams in this league did. We need to stop acting like that is so easy and means nothing.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
Who is trading anything for him when he won’t play for the team anyway and how are we going to fill his minutes in the regular season? I don’t see a trade trouba for another d, and the players would throw a bitch fit. It ain’t happening

If the players throw a bitch fit, Drury should throw them out, too, after showing Trouba's highlights during the playoffs, and asking them "you really are defending that?!"

Reactions: Rongomania

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
At least I think this is the last season of all in, one more failure and the ‘retool on the fly’ thing should happen. Igor, team friendly deal or get f*cked bro. I love you and all but if you wanna win here, that’s the ticket.

Reactions: Brutananadilewski

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Yuppppp.

The worst part of that is it was 17% to those 2 who had already shown signs of decline even before they were extended (especially Staal.)

It's insane that they are willing to make the same mistake with Lindgren who won't eat as much cap but still presents the problem of having a sub optimal player in the lineup most likely playing 2 pairs above where he belongs.
So basically between Lindy / Trouba & Shesty raise... it's the same path as Hank / Staal / G

With a forward corps prone to disappear in the post season.

Seems VERY familiar

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
With the assumed ascension of Edstrom, and the possibility of Rempe, Groulx, Berard/Cuylle/Othmann, would it surprise anyone to see Vesey traded?

Drury signed Carrick, who I assume is going to be the teams 4C based on reputation, term and apparent fit there.

Also, Drury and his team were interested in Pacioretty at the deadline. Would they consider a 1-year offer to him again? 23 points in 47 games played. He won't have to worry about being traded at the deadline as the Rangers never sell. He can play LW on that 3rd line...

Panarin-Trochek-Lafreniere
Kreider-Zibanejad-Smith
Pacioretty-Chytil-Kakko
Cuylle-Carrick-Edstrom
Vesey/Brodzinski

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
With the assumed ascension of Edstrom, and the possibility of Rempe, Groulx, Berard/Cuylle/Othmann, would it surprise anyone to see Vesey traded?

Drury signed Carrick, who I assume is going to be the teams 4C based on reputation, term and apparent fit there.

Also, Drury and his team were interested in Pacioretty at the deadline. Would they consider a 1-year offer to him again? 23 points in 47 games played. He won't have to worry about being traded at the deadline as the Rangers never sell. He can play LW on that 3rd line...

Panarin-Trochek-Lafreniere
Kreider-Zibanejad-Smith
Pacioretty-Chytil-Kakko
Cuylle-Carrick-Edstrom
Vesey/Brodzinski

Yes but mostly because he's an NHL body making nothing.

Maybe at the TDL.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Why didnt anyone stick up for Fox when he took knee on knee hits twice from divisional opponents?
BECAUSE HE HAS NO BESTIE! Lindgren showed that!
But in all seriousness, if the players are close and actually LIKE each other there IS more standing up for each other.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
I mean, Pacioretty is a down grade from Vesey in like every category. And I dont even like Vesey.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
They tried with Aho, he hid behind everyone.

Did they though? The Canes creamed them at MSG in January and they did nothing after trying to hit Aho on his first shift or whatever. Then Fox himself gave Aho a crosscheck late in our win in Raleigh that definitely had some messaging behind it.

They did a lot of celebrating in his face in the playoffs but like, there was no payback. The canes have no one who couldve answered the bell against any of our bigger fighters. Just seemed to me like another example of half measures from the group. And im not saying fight to intimidate your opponent. But act like you care about your best player at least. Rangers have been mostly turning the other cheek since AV. Be like the Panthers who can beat you on the ice and hunt in packs.

Reactions: Atax

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Did they though? The Canes creamed them at MSG in January and they did nothing after trying to hit Aho on his first shift or whatever. Then Fox himself gave Aho a crosscheck late in our win in Raleigh that definitely had some messaging behind it.

They did a lot of celebrating in his face in the playoffs but like, there was no payback. The canes have no one who couldve answered the bell against any of our bigger fighters. Just seemed to me like another example of half measures from the group. And im not saying fight to intimidate your opponent. But act like you care about your best player at least. Rangers have been mostly turning the other cheek since AV. Be like the Panthers who can beat you on the ice and hunt in packs.
They couldnt because they were under siege like 80% of the time.

Reactions: McRanger92

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Dallas did an admirable job trying to build a defense but they're still short...

Heiskenen
Lindell
Dumba
Lyubushkin
Harley

Then they have Lundkvist who they wouldn't play last year and Brendan Smith who plays 50% of his time at forward.

If they're trading Faksa, likely for cap savings, that puts them ~$8m in cap space with 10 forwards and 6 d-men. Their window is likely the next couple of years

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

nyrob13

Jun 21, 2015
Great win more regular season awards and we can keep being the Dallas cowboys of the nhl.

With a round 1 or 2 exit yup. Sounds right for this group as usual
Actually, "usual" for 'this group' would be Round 3, where they've been eliminated in 2 of the last 3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad