Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
So no change from usual? Opposing teams fans care about us because we're the reason their teams are allowed to exist financially. Hello lurking Isles and devils fans, we know youre there!

No we aren't, stop being paranoid.
This might be the greatest 1-2 post combo in the history of this site.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
We're not good enough.

We have not addressed any weakness. We are going to go in with 2 trainwrecks getting top4 minutes on defense.

Who knows, maybe this lights a fire under some guys.... they take it serious and train like they're professional athletes in the summer. Has Trouba ever worked on explosiveness, skating or foot speed in the past 5 years?

The silver lining with Lindgren at least is that there does exist the possibility that last year was just a conventional down year and not a broader indication of a long term decline in play in his mid 20's.

While I've lost hope that Trouba will play at his contract's level- If you can get back to the acceptable Lindgren level of the previous seasons it'd be a vast improvement from last year.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The silver lining with Lindgren at least is that there does exist the possibility that last year was just a conventional down year and not a broader indication of a long term decline in play in his mid 20's.

While I've lost hope that Trouba will play at his contract's level- If you can get back to the acceptable Lindgren level of the previous seasons it'd be a vast improvement from last year.
It's just that we've seen this moving before.... and the ending always sucks.

Kills the desire to watch, which it is what it is. I'll loosely follow

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

I think Drury wants no part of Lindgren on a long term deal. He files for arb to open the second buyout window, and they probably settle out of court for a deal that walks him to the UFA market. This summer has been the opposite of an endorsement of the status quo and I dont think the team wants to commit to anyone right now. Nor should they.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It's just that we've seen this moving before.... and the ending always sucks.
We’ve seen 29-33 extensions. The 25-29 ones we had turned out okay. So it really comes down to if you think Lindgren is closer to 25 year old Staal/G or 29

I think Drury wants no part of Lindgren on a long term deal. He files for arb to open the second buyout window, and they probably settle out of court for a deal that walks him to the UFA market. This summer has been the opposite of an endorsement of the status quo and I dont think the team wants to commit to anyone right now. Nor should they.
This is what I’m advocating for as well. Short term

Reactions: McRanger92

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I don't care if they endorse it but for all intents and purposes, it is status quo.

We all know who the dead weight is. Ironically, the only one we cut off was the one that actually showed up in the Playoffs.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY

Prentiss video.

Kreider knocking around with Trevor Zegras. They look like they are already buddies. Gostisbhere also there. Farabee will be training there as well.

Farabee was rumored to NY
Zegras has been rumored for a couple of seasons here.

Reactions: duhmetreE

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
We’ve seen 29-33 extensions. The 25-29 ones we had turned out okay. So it really comes down to if you think Lindgren is closer to 25 year old Staal/G or 29

This is what I’m advocating for as well. Short term
Lindgren is just not good enough. He's not a top4 guy and they will treat him as one because he's besties with Fox.

His offense is as bad as it gets. He's too small for how he plays. His defense was very bad this season. What does he do well? Take a beating.

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
Why isn't anybody highlighting the fact that Casey Fitzgerald is Tom's son (Devils GM) and Brady Tkachuk's cousin. He's either a sleeper agent planted to destroy us from within or he's the grease to get the wheels turning on the Brady Tkachuk trade.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I don't care if they endorse it but for all intents and purposes, it is status quo.

We all know who the dead weight is. Ironically, the only one we cut off was the one that actually showed up in the Playoffs.

Yeah I mean we are definitely stuck. It seems like Drury wanted a Huberdeau/Weegar/Tkachuk like shakeup in the room but Trouba nixed it and now were stuck with guys wo are too comfortable calling the shots for another 2 years. it's why I will be advocating for an Igor trade until he signs a deal that puts us right back into being stuck.

It seems crazy but if they could deal Igor for A Rantanen/Draisatl/Marner type we'd take a step back this year, but at least the damn team could learn to play without a security blanket.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
All of those players are not very good except for Pesce. Chychrun has been traded twice in the last 16 months. It seems the fans like him more than the actual teams. Carolina got worse yesterday swapping out Skjei and Resce for Walker and Ghost. $4M for Dillon. It would take people two seconds to rip that deal. A 6 year deal for Roy? He will be available for trade in one year.
Those aren’t Toubas’ Joe, those are boo’s!

• Haha
Reactions: B17 Apricots

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Yeah I mean we are definitely stuck. It seems like Drury wanted a Huberdeau/Weegar/Tkachuk like shakeup in the room but Trouba nixed it and now were stuck with guys wo are too comfortable calling the shots for another 2 years. it's why I will be advocating for an Igor trade until he signs a deal that puts us right back into being stuck.

It seems crazy but if they could deal Igor for A Rantanen/Draisatl/Marner type we'd take a step back this year, but at least the damn team could learn to play without a security blanket.
Igor isn’t returning a player of that caliber.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Laff is going to get around the Slafkovsky money (figure $8M) if he signs for the 8 years. If for some reason Laff doesn't want 8 years and takes less, that number goes down.

Miller honestly shouldn't be more then $5M on a 5 to 6 year deal.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
The Rangers have a cap issue for 25-26. That's the issue. Igor wants a blank check. The Rangers don't have an alternative. The goalie trade market sucks. The Rangers can get a first round pick but that doesn't mean much. The Rangers need the entire $8M cap hit for Trouba off their books next summer.
So, sounds like Drury realizes this and what he's selling to Trouba is that he stays this year and agrees to a trade next off season. In the meantime, we are screwed this year with an 8 mil 3rd pair Dman.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
I thank everyone for finally coming to my side of things and seeing that this team will be the same as last year. The defense will remain the same and that’s the biggest problem. Reilly smith is a disinterested scab, carrick is a 4th line scrub. We are locked in for the next 2 years with this team. It is what it is, just have to wait the two years out

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I thank everyone for finally coming to my side of things and seeing that this team will be the same as last year. The defense will remain the same and that’s the biggest problem. Reilly smith is a disinterested scab, carrick is a 4th line scrub. We are locked in for the next 2 years with this team. It is what it is, just have to wait the two years out

Im sure the team will come out with loads of pride and prove us all wring with their selfless play, all the way to the Cup next June!:sarcasm:

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
So, sounds like Drury realizes this and what he's selling to Trouba is that he stays this year and agrees to a trade next off season. In the meantime, we are screwed this year with an 8 mil 3rd pair Dman.

No troubadour is here for the duration of his contract. There’s is no point in buying him out and leaving loads of money on the cap when he is gone and he will decline any trade out of here. Lindgren will be resigned bc nobody else wants him and there is nobody out there to take his place. This is our team for the next two seasons. And it’s nowhere near good enough,

Reactions: Atax

OriginalLimbo

May 27, 2019

Prentiss video.

Kreider knocking around with Trevor Zegras. They look like they are already buddies. Gostisbhere also there. Farabee will be training there as well.

Farabee was rumored to NY
Zegras has been rumored for a couple of seasons here.
Just what we need, more besties. I’d rather our guys hated each other, but won.

Reactions: noncents

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad