Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I mean if he was fully cooperative, the deal probably would be done already. When EF and others have said that deal is being worked upon and even close, that's obviously coming from one/two of the teams.

It could be as simple as waiting until
Tomorrow or giving him time to process everything.

I think it’s a bit premature to jump to “oh he and his agent are going to block everything!”

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I wonder if Drury is gonna go after Marchasshole for that top rw spot. There’s no denying he’s a proven playoff performer but I wonder what his contract demands will be like.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
5PM deadline on qualifying offers, so we're going to get some news pretty soon on all the RFAs that we haven't heard about yet. Only heard about Robertson so far.

Looks like a bunch of defenders aren't getting QO, wonder if maybe it's a sign on how the Rangers move. Lindgren has value, but man would it be something if they just let him walk.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Fair enough but your phrasing is what elicited my response. I’ll memory bank that for future reference though. All good.
You’re right, I can’t say who would claim him, but no one can be sure that a team would not. A team like Utah is not going to be a prime destination for good UFA’s that want a last shot at actually winning. When the dust settles… who knows.
Unlike a lot of people, I’m not making predictions here. I’m just saying what sort of OPTIONS the team has and what the POSSIBILITIES are.
Sorry for snapping earlier, the last 24 hours on this board has been a lot. I shouldn't have snapped at.
I appreciate your input and your opinions as always

Robertson isn't arbitration eligible. Lindgren is the only player we have who is, since Trivigno and Lindbom didn't get QOs.
So if Lindsey is arbitration eligible than if NYR really gets pissy with trouba they will be eligible for a second buyout window?!

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Trouba getting claimed on waivers is the best possible case for the rangers. He is shooting him self in the foot by making this difficult
Depends what the return is for us retaining in trade. I might be willing to retain $2.5m for a first and good young prospect, for example, rather than clearing his whole salary by waivers.

Last edited:

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
I’m glad they are giving Robertson another chance. Always thought he had the makings of a good middle pair defender. He has size too. It would be a shame if he flames out. Him, Nils and Jones were supposed to be quite a defensive backbone for us. Not even Jones has ended up entrenched here. Would really like to see Robertson turn it around and become at least a solid bottom pair option with Jones.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
I’m glad they are giving Robertson another chance. Always thought he had the makings of a good middle pair defender. He has size too. It would be a shame if he flames out. Him, Nils and Jones were supposed to be quite a defensive backbone for us. Not even Jones has ended up entrenched here. Would really like to see Robertson turn it around and become at least a solid bottom pair option with Jones.
Jones has looked good and then Trouba came back from injury, looked terrible, tanked the playoffs, and Jones was never even considered for a second.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
So if Lindsey is arbitration eligible than if NYR really gets pissy with trouba they will be eligible for a second buyout window?!
If Lindgren elects arbitration, or the team elects to take him to arbitration, we will get a 2nd buyout window after the settlement of that arbitration case. Settlement can mean the Rangers and Lindgren signed a contract before the case was heard, or it went to a hearing and an arbitration award was given.

AFAIK, electing arbitration and then trading him before it is settled (if that's even allowed, I'm not sure), would not constitute settling the case, and therefore not trigger the 2nd buyout window.

Lindgren is the only arbitration eligible RFA we have, so if the plan is to buy out Trouba, signing Lindgren is probably the only way to get it done. That doesn't rule out the possibility that we trade Lindgren after we sign him, but that seems unlikely.

Reactions: bleedblue94

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I wonder if the Rangers are targeting centers from the Wings, someone like Joe Veleno.
NO
pls no adding deadwood
pref an all pick deal
Trouba retained 1.5 + 3rd for 2 2nds

I will preface that I am not saying Trouba doesn’t care about the Rangers because I do think the organization and this team means something to him, but I think its NYC that means much more to him. He really enjoys it here, the lifestyle works for him. It would be tough to replicate and that could be whats affecting him most right now with how fast it has all come together.
Don't think we wanna oblige but Isles or Jersey
sort of last resort for trade if decent offer on the table

Rangers are gonna trade Igor for Marner to put the final death nail into this site. It would take years for this site to return back to normal lmao.
God no
Shesty retained + Zib + Sykor + BMB
for
Nylander + Knies + Liljj rights

no Marner NO

Trouba's minutes can be replaced by Jones and a UFA. Mancini who Steve Smith loved in Hartford may pull a 2006 Girardi and be on the big club by February.

Lindgen is getting 3-4 years. Fortescue will replace him down the road.

Plenty of budget wingers like Ardvisson out there.
sell Lindy now before any mo wear + tear makes him untradeable
don't be greedy, take picks

Scanlin hopefully out of camp
Fortesc soon after

This feels like a good day for a Kakko trade with all the Trouba smoke
again no stop giving away KK
sell high on bread
use KK up his value

Since Trouba wants nyc so bad maybe the Islanders or Devils will be interested. Those would make for some interesting games.

About Igor, he can be very good but also allows soft goals and seems to have slumps where hes not that good. Team should not overpay for him. Look how far Edmonton made it with just an avg goalie. If he wants some north of 10mm nonsense trade him.
Could be plan B discussion, depending...

With Brannstrom not receiving a QO from Ottawa, and Ottawa looking to move Chychrun, would they trade him for Lindgren? Both players are 26.

Brannstrom's QO was 2 mil, so it's possible they intend to try to re-sign him for less. He played 3rd pair minutes at even strength last year and was 2nd pair on the PK, but their PK was terrible. Chychrun didn't play the PK at all. Lindgren would be an upgrade there and will probably be a bit cheaper than Chychrun this year, and definitely will be going forward.
zero interest in Brann

Rangers should sign Brannstrom
less than zero interest

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,350.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia