Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Not happening but he’s getting 11 min

I could see the number being over 11 yes.

Which is pretty insane in this era to be honest. The only reason we are even talking about it is because of his playoff performances. He’s only had one Vezina caliber regular season, it’s not like he’s been top 3 every single year like Hank was.

Reactions: Kaapo Cabana

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I could see the number being over 11 yes.

Which is pretty insane in this era to be honest. The only reason we are even talking about it is because of his playoff performances. He’s only had one Vezina caliber regular season, it’s not like he’s been top 3 every single year like Hank was.
And how many games did he outright steal this playoff? Maybe one or two? How many shutouts did he have?

Please, please don’t make this mistake.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
And how many games did he outright steal this playoff? Maybe one or two? How many shutouts did he have?

Please, please don’t make this mistake.
My counter argument against myself and yourself here though, is exactly what do we think the rangers would do with an extra 5-6 million by turning to an average goaltender that would somehow make us better than Shesterkin does? That’s enough for maybe one second line player.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
EF podcast on Trouba was basically some have told him this is a really hard deal, and it’s not close with Detroit.

Said Trouba was stunned, and feels like he doesn’t want to leave NY.

Said agent could make the 15 team no trade list difficult for Rangers, but then said Drury could counter with just placing him on waivers, and he could wind up anywhere.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
EF podcast on Trouba was basically some have told him this is a really hard deal, and it’s not close with Detroit.

Said agent could make the 15 team no trade list difficult for Rangers, but then said Drury could counter with just placing him on waivers, and he could wind up anywhere.

If this falls through, it is complete amateur hour by Drury. Emporer’s new clothes moment for him.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013

can we please keep up this energy with Lindgren too? please?

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
If this falls through, it is complete amateur hour by Drury. Emporer’s new clothes moment for him.
Absolutely, but it's hard to speculate what his conversation with Trouba's agent was like.

If Trouba wants to be a prick then Drury should waive his ass. I'm sure Utah would grab him for nothing. THe need D men & have a ton of cap space. Would save us 2.5M in retention & achieve the same results. Whatever was coming back from Detroit wasn't going to move to needle on our roster.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Absolutely, but it's hard to speculate what his conversation with Trouba's agent was like.

If Trouba wants to be a prick then Drury should waive his ass. Would save us 2.5M in retention & achieve the same results. Whatever was coming back from Detroit wasn't going to move to needle on our roster.
Again, who's claiming him at the full 8m?

I tried to share with you all a couple hours ago what was going on here and where this situation was going. I'm vetted by the site for a reason...

Last edited:

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ

If Trouba wants to be a prick then Drury should waive his ass. I'm sure Utah would grab him for nothing. THe need D men & have a ton of cap space. Would save us 2.5M in retention & achieve the same results. Whatever was coming back from Detroit wasn't going to move to needle on our roster.

I find it strange that Trouba would go full spite, Drury is trying to send him to a destination that he would really like, Trouba is playing a dangerous game if he gives Drury a bad list, and waivers becomes an option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad