Confirmed with Link: Bowman, Quenneville reinstated by the league

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
gJ7LXl5.png

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Sounds right. Suspended for 3 years now. No real proof of wrong doing just neglect. No crimes committed.

Everyone mad at the news dump. Why wouldn't you news dump this? Less blowback on your controversial decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pertti

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
These two were always coming back but you just don't announce it this way. Bettman is just protecting the league office and putting all the blow back on whoever hires them is exactly how any CEO would handle this.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
Why? I cannot see the upside of this for the league at all. It's not like Bowman and Q add anything special that the league is missing or something (unlike if a star player was indefinitely suspended, for example).

Not to say that if they did add something that the league should reinstate them, they should be banned for life without question, but I just don't see the rationale from even just a purely business standpoint.

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
I’m ok with that. If a team wants to go through the PR troubles that comes with hiring them, more power to them.

I know a lot will strongly disagree with my opinion, but I think the punishment was strong enough.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Why? I cannot see the upside of this for the league at all. It's not like Bowman and Q add anything special that the league is missing or something (unlike if a star player was indefinitely suspended, for example).

Not to say that if they did add something that the league should reinstate them, they should be banned for life without question, but I just don't see the rationale from even just a purely business standpoint.
They're buddies with other guys around the league. They both have a bunch of cup rings too so its not shocking if they're well thought of in their roles.

They should be banned for life.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Because teams want to hire them and a lifetime ban wouldn't really hold up if anyone gets litigious.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I’ll buy into the “blame 90% of this on John McDonough” camp but even still, what happened was so awful you’d think on principal alone Stan, Q, and MacIsaac would be banned on principal alone. Even if this martyrdom is unfair in some people’s eyes, the punishment has to be as severe as a hurricane here to make sure it never happens again

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
Because teams want to hire them and a lifetime ban wouldn't really hold up if anyone gets litigious.
I get the internal pressure from other teams piece, but I doubt that the NHL really has any lawsuit concerns here. Maybe I'm wrong, and I certainly don't know the NHL's bylaws, but I imagine they have a ton of latitude with things like this.

Also, I would think getting hit with a lawsuit would be worth not taking the reputation hit, and actually be a reputation boon ("we did everything we could to keep these guys out of the sport").

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Who wants a garbage GM like Stan the Man?

Bring Q back, this team is pathetic with a pathetic GM, atleast we can have a good coach

Reactions: yobo9000

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad