Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
I’d just put him on wiavers if he refuses to waive his ntc. Obviously it wouldn’t be ideal since unless a team claimed him it would make it tough to add a UFA but still.
He’s been told he’s not wanted. He can make it tough on us… and we can make it tough on him.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Yup. By trading the guys that you could argue aren't the issue...
Sadly the real issues like disappearing acts in the playoffs from Mika and Panarin, their contracts make them both unmoveable. Sadly stuck with them. Kreider they can move but for his inconsistent play at times, he is cheaper and scores playoff goals. He is worth keeping although I'm sure they'd get more for Kreider, than Mika and Panarin if both were able to he traded. Kreider has the move trade value in my opinion but I wouldn't trade him unless a team really overpaid and thought he was the missing piece

Reactions: MrAlmost

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
If Shesterkin is really going to push for almost 13M he’s got to go. I don’t really care, spending that much on a goalie is f***ing absurd. Even if you get it down to 11.5-12 it is going to hamstring the rest of the lineup.

Panarin Tro Laffy
Cuylle Zibs Stamkos
Kreider Chytil Kakko
Vesey Edstrom Rempe | Berard

KAM Fox
Theo Roy
Lindgren/Jones Schneider

PP1- Kreider Stamkos Laffy Panarin Fox
PP2- Kakko Zibs Trocheck Chytil Theo

Purposefully split Kreider and Zibs
Rangers aren’t signing guys with term, so forget about Matt Roy. Also playing Stamkos with two guys who can’t pass the puck or drive play is just a complete waste of time. If you did sign him he would have to play with Panarin, it’s the only combination that makes sense.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Yup. By trading the guys that you could argue aren't the issue...
Goodrow had a decent playoffs this year. he's a good player, but not at that price point.
80g and 4 goals? really? He just one of those 'products of his environment" type of players.
He wasn't as effective in NY as he was with Tampa.

Trouba has been a trainwreck for quite a while. i'm not sure how anyone can defend him at $8m on any level. playing with a broken foot? costing them playoff games?

you're making $8m dude, can you at least make a good play? score a goal? hit someone hard?

Reactions: MrAlmost

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad