Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] F Jeff Skinner signs with the Oilers (1 year, $3M)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I'll wait on the figures but what they really needed was a middle pair dman. They are really screwed if ekholm loses a notch due to age., but they need a mid pair dman regardless of what happens to ekholm's game.

Meh. Broberg has progressed, and could take spot. Plus, we have a really strong top pairing and bottom pairing

Reactions: Oilhawks

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I don't like this. I should clarify as this in my mind means we've lost out on Henrique. Not a problem with 3m for a 20+ goal scorer. Also won't be using cap space to improve the RD or address the 3C situation. Man I hope I'm wrong and we move McLeod out for a veteran 3C

I guess the plus side is taking a player off Buffalo didn't hurt for Vegas and Florida.

Last edited:

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Skinner-Draisaitl-Arvidsson

Good grief.

Have to think Kane is getting dealt at this point, unless they plan to roll with him on the 3rd line.

Reactions: Ragdoll

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Skinner, Draisaitl, Arvidsson

That'll be one heck of a line
This was a no-brainer signing with big payoff potential but there's also a version of this story where Arvidsson is hurt because he's always hurt due to his size and style and then you've got Drai and Skinner on ice for a lot of goals...both for but also against.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Oilers 2025 cup champs confirmed
IMG_1370.jpeg

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
This was a no-brainer signing with big payoff potential but there's also a version of this story where Arvidsson is hurt because he's always hurt due to his size and style and then you've got Drai and Skinner on ice for a lot of goals...both for but also against.

and if that happens, Kane plugs in ... which might be worse haha

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Don't like the fit considering what the oilers really need. It's a luxury signing on a team with other issues.

That's a good contract though.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I'll wait on the figures but what they really needed was a middle pair dman. They are really screwed if ekholm loses a notch due to age., but they need a mid pair dman regardless of what happens to ekholm's game.
That's not available in FA. It'll likely have to be a trade deadline thing.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad