Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I wonder if Drury and Laviolette are okay going in to the season with Brodzinski as the teams 4C. There aren’t many options out there. Stenlund maybe? Girgensons?

Has anyone heard whether Faksa is getting bought out?

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I wonder if Drury and Laviolette are okay going in to the season with Brodzinski as the teams 4C. There aren’t many options out there. Stenlund maybe? Girgensons?

They'll sign more bargain bin vet Cs like they did last year. They want to fill the role internally IMO.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
What did BUF ask us for Eichel? Didn't we balk on Kakko which in retrospect was stupid (1000% hindsight bias)?

The trade probably could have been Buchnevich, Kakko, 1st, 2nd (although those draft picks could have been Sykora, Othmann)
Remembering off the top of my head I'm pretty sure BUF wanted Strome + either Buch or Kakko + the 1st rounder that year, Kravtsov I remember also being talked up in that potential deal.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Remembering off the top of my head I'm pretty sure BUF wanted Strome + either Buch or Kakko + the 1st rounder that year, Kravtsov I remember also being talked up in that potential deal.
There’s no way Buffalo wanted

—player we let walk in free agency
—player we traded for a 4th liner
—a late 1st

and Drury didn’t pull the trigger

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Lindgren extension isn’t about the money. It’s about his existence.

No matter what he signs, his biggest value to this team would be on LTIR.

That’s not a player you should be signing.

Hate the guy much ?
He’s a good player and the guys love him
If he’s gonna take less than he can get elsewhere
Lindgren extension isn’t about the money. It’s about his existence.

No matter what he signs, his biggest value to this team would be on LTIR.

That’s not a player you should be signing.

gonna be fun seeing you flip when the extension hits lol

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

Probably can find a random
Brodz should be in the AHL just like he started this year

Reactions: Daves a mess

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Hate the guy much ?
He’s a good player and the guys love him
If he’s gonna take less than he can get elsewhere

gonna be fun seeing you flip when the extension hits lol

He’s an awful player. I get that he’s liked but that’s not a reason to keep him.

But yay, let’s celebrate getting worse!

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Pegula nixed it, Rangers would've had Eichel.
If Pegula nixed it (again, I don’t believe we were ever in the running to begin with) it’s because that package blows and the Vegas package was substantially better.

Like seriously, Tuch, Krebs, a 1st, a 2nd vs Strome (LOL), Buch, and a 1st. It’s not even believable.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Yeah that’s not true.

Look at what he eventually went for. That package was way, way, way better than what you said was on the table from NYR.

This was after Buffalo had to come down on their ask.
you're right, these were also other players mentioned heavily around 2021 within talks about Eichel now that it's on my mind,
-Strome
-Buchnevich
-Kakko
-Kravtsov
-Lafreniere
-Chytil

any mix of those players would've been fair for BUF but they simply didn't want to deal with the Rangers because of Pegula and his stubborn ways. This was why Drury waited with Zibanejad and it was only until the Eichel drama was over that he decided to lock-up a 1C. I still think if Drury pressed harder on the gas and gave into the overpayment that Eichel could've led us to a cup in 2022

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
He’s an awful player. I get that he’s liked but that’s not a reason to keep him.

But yay, let’s celebrate getting worse!
I think saying he’s awful as a player is unfair, he had an awful year. He had a really good season in 22-23 and was pretty solid before that. Is he the ideal partner for Fox? No not really, but there’s really not a ton out there that are appreciably better than him. And if they are, they might cost too much in terms of trade assets that the rangers don’t have.

Guentzel to Vancouver seeming more likely then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad