Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
A fourth line of Edstrom-Rempe-Vesey? I like that. And cheap.

If they have good seasons I'd really like to see the Rangers finally sign our bottom guys to reasonable long term contract. If they perform, maybe Ed and Rempe go 6 years at 1.5? 1.25?

Man that would be nice to finally have good, cheap and young 4th line depth. One can only dream.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Shocked he was claimed. Guess since they have the space and a young team wants that vet leadership. He's definitely a good locker room guy

He also started his career there

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
If you think physicality from the defense is what this team is missing then I think you are sorely mistaken.

The problem is, I’m not gonna be shocked if this is what Drury is thinking as well.

We are lacking mobility and puck movement on defense.
Yeah I haven't really understood this sentiment. K'Andre isn't overly physical but he uses his size. Fox isn't physical but he's outstanding defensively, he was playing on one leg. Lindgren has toned it down recently, probably due to injuries. But you have him, Tuba and Schneider. How much more physical are you going to get? This team has been middle of the pack or worse at 5v5 for years. They had trouble 5v5 in the playoffs. The Panthers dominated them in that regard. How does getting more physical defenders help us score 5v5? We had physical defenders and it didn't stop Florida from walking all over us

Shadowtron

Feb 27, 2002
Earth
Jake Guentzel is an overrated player and exactly the kind of player that the Rangers always overpay to underperform here. Please don’t pay the guy for numbers inflated by a HOFer.

Fix. The. Defense. And. The. Offense. Will. Follow.

What’s your ideal get this off-season as far as the Defense is concerned?

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I still think it’s a bit premature to pencil Rempe in for a 4th line role.

He’s got quite a bit of work to do in order to become a nhl regular.

Do think this opens the door for Edstrom.
I think you have it backwards.

They could have had both Rempe or Edstrom up last year and Rempe had the run and Edstrom had the cup of coffee. They're gonna run him as a regular.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
It brings me so much joy to see the Devils trading first round picks for goalies because they still haven’t been able to replace Uncle Daddy

• Haha
Reactions: pld459666

effen

Feb 3, 2018
PLD for Kuemper. Straight up. No $ retention.

Man Rob Blake, what a job
Vilardi hasn't had a full season since he was 16. Iafallo is a random 3rd liner. Kupari is waiver fodder.

You always, always, always make that trade.

And kudos to Blake for moving on. Sometimes it doesn't work out.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Someone help me figure this out from the caps POV

Vilardi hasn't had a full season since he was 16. Iafallo is a random 3rd liner. Kupari is waiver fodder.

You always, always, always make that trade.

And kudos to Blake for moving on. Sometimes it doesn't work out.
I’m not talking about the trade so much as I am the PDL extension.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Someone help me figure this out from the caps POV

I’m not talking about the trade so much as I am the PDL extension.
Paying for potential with 8 year deals is always brilliant on a message board, not always IRL.

If you're the Caps you suck anyway and you're never signing a big FA. Distressed asset for an up and down goalie and you're only taking 3M/yr extra. I like it for both teams.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Hope for the Caps sake that he and Ovi aren't on the same line together.

Neither one will be able to find their own goalie without binoculars.

Reactions: McRanger92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad