Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Have you transferred medical residencies? It is not easy.
Not easy or impossible?

And maybe she doesnt need to transfer.

How much longer does she have?

She can stay in New York.

There’s plenty of options , I know Mr and Mrs 1% don’t want to have to make ANY sacrifices but there are ways to make it work, especially with their means and status.

Sure it’s their right to dig in and refuse every option.

But that doesn’t mean the fans can’t boo the shit out of Tuba all season long.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
So he is away from her a bit more for 6 months. She doesn't need to quit her medical residency.

It's easy to wish away someone else's time with their spouse and child.

I dunno... dump on Trouba all day for his performance on the ice.

As far as this contract stuff, blame the Rangers. Trouba did not breach the contract that he and the team both agreed to.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
It's easy to wish away someone else's time with their spouse and child.

I dunno... dump on Trouba all day for his performance on the ice.

As far as this contract stuff, blame the Rangers. Trouba did not breach the contract that he and the team both agreed to.
He's away from her half the time with his career of being an NHL player already on the road. I'm sure he can pull up his big boy pants and suck it up for half a year of his life and earn his 8M somewhere else. Well, actually he couldn't do that. So yes he should and will be booed i'm sure.

And his performance was awful in the playoffs. So we can boo him next year for that as well.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
He's away from her half the time with his career of being an NHL player already on the road. I'm sure he can pull up his big boy pants and suck it up for half a year of his life and earn his 8M somewhere else. Well, actually he couldn't do that. So yes he should and will be booed i'm sure.

And his performance was awful in the playoffs. So we can boo him next year for that as well.
He submitted his list... Rangers obviously couldn't make it work with another team.

I'm not sure what else he is supposed to do? Other than give up time with his family in order to do "what is right" for a team that doesn't even want him?

How does that make any sense? Is he supposed to go through the rest of his career making sure the Rangers organization has an upper hand?

This is a ludicrous conversation.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
He submitted his list... Rangers obviously couldn't make it work with another team.

I'm not sure what else he is supposed to do? Other than give up time with his family in order to do "what is right" for a team that doesn't even want him?

How does that make any sense? Is he supposed to go through the rest of his career making sure the Rangers organization has an upper hand?

The funniest thing is that Trouba almost certainly has no idea the sentiment against him is like this. His impression of the fans is the puff pieces on MSG.

Pontificating into the void about the sacrifices Trouba and his wife could make doesn't seem like a good use of time.

Reactions: Profet

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Why would he want to play with a team that doesn't even want him?

He basically put out publicly he wouldn't play anywhere so even the teams not on his list wouldn't trade for him. He's a snake.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com

He basically put out publicly he wouldn't play anywhere so even the teams not on his list wouldn't trade for him. He's a snake.
Oh... I can answer this one.

To earn $8m while spending time with his family.

The alternative is to earn $8m while not spending time with his family.

Which would you choose?

effen

Feb 3, 2018

His teammates really like him and his coaching staff obviously values him.

Would you care that the Senior VP of Technology and the CIO didn't want you if your co workers and immediate managment structure did and work was fun? Why should that matter if the paychecks keep clearing?

You'd say "f*** those guys" and you'd be right.

savebyrichter94

Every Profound Spirit Needs A Mask
Sep 14, 2008
PA
Great. Now I'm gonna be humming Paula Abdul for the rest of the day

IMG_1170.jpeg

Look into his eyes, uh-oh
He's been tellin' lies

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
The best outcome is for Trouba to even earn 6 mill of his contract and return to form. I don't mind paying him the money if he plays solid, his adds an intangible that not many bring, if he can focus on staying between the opposition and the net and just play simple hockey he'll help us. If he constantly gets caught or makes bad pinches, he won't. Play him 3rd pair, tell him he's the defensive anchor on that pair and let Jones make most of the breakouts. It's simple, he has to take a step back for the team to take a step ahead.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
The best outcome is for Trouba to even earn 6 mill of his contract and return to form. I don't mind paying him the money if he plays solid, his adds an intangible that not many bring, if he can focus on staying between the opposition and the net and just play simple hockey he'll help us. If he constantly gets caught or makes bad pinches, he won't. Play him 3rd pair, tell him he's the defensive anchor on that pair and let Jones make most of the breakouts. It's simple, he has to take a step back for the team to take a step ahead.
Honestly... i liked first half of the season Trouba... he threw some timely hits that seemed to disrupt the opposition. Second half/postseason Trouba I can do without.

Reactions: haveandare

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Where did you get that resigning Gus was the only alternative to keeping Lindgren? The proper path to improving 1LD spot naturally would have involve paying (a lot) more than $4.5m that Lindgren got (unless you’re doing a video game scenario of getting a better player at a cheaper price). Where would this extra cap space come from? Selling low on Kakko that would’ve given what - maybe $1m or a little more after replacement cost? Still not enough plus a terrible asset management decision as I’m sure you’d agree. The play to improve 1LD was starting with moving Trouba because, cap hit aside, Trouba is quite acceptable on a 3rd pair so buying out Trouba was not an option for the Rangers
I never said that Gus was the only option. I actually agree with you that there were many options. My point that you glossed over, was that although they had all these options, the Rangers didn't want those options. They wanted Lindgren for this year, regardless of what happened with Trouba.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I never said that Gus was the only option. I actually agree with you that there were many options. My point that you glossed over, was that although they had all these options, the Rangers didn't want those options. They wanted Lindgren for this year, regardless of what happened with Trouba.
I didn’t glossed over it - you’re saying the Rangers “wanted” Lindgren and I disagree. If they wanted him - he’d gotten a long(er) term deal instead of just one year. Resigning Lindgren for one year was definitely not their plan A.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Somewhat unbelievable people are still complaining about Trouba lol

It’s almost September and he’s here for the year. Either get on the bandwagon or don’t at this point

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Not easy or impossible?

And maybe she doesnt need to transfer.

How much longer does she have?

She can stay in New York.

There’s plenty of options , I know Mr and Mrs 1% don’t want to have to make ANY sacrifices but there are ways to make it work, especially with their means and status.

Sure it’s their right to dig in and refuse every option.

But that doesn’t mean the fans can’t boo the shit out of Tuba all season long.

So let me get this straight.
You're going to boo trouba because a rumor told you he said he didnt want to be traded?
Because he didnt want to leave his wife and newborn.

She has a year. Trouba asked Drury for an extra year.

And again, the rumor mill punted out that he would refuse. Not a single reputable source pushed that narrative.
Drury clearly showed he didnt care about anything but making the team better, by punting goodrow to the sharks. He probably looked at trouba's list, looked at possible returns and thought it wasnt worth it.

He could've bought trouba out. it probably wasn't worth it.

So again. You want to make trouba feel your wrath due to a rumor.

Somewhat unbelievable people are still complaining about Trouba lol

It’s almost September and he’s here for the year. Either get on the bandwagon or don’t at this point
Drury could've moved Mika for Mcdavid @50% 1:1 and the same people would talk about how it was such a bad long term move due to contract length and it eliminates a long term window, and our futures, and they'd be the loudest voices...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad