Rookies that made your team's opening day roster

McDuffz88

Smoke the Keefe
Sep 18, 2019
Yeah i mean you guys have so many good defensive prospects that you would be forced to trade a defenseman otherwise they will ask for a trade due to limited playing time. I mean Nemec, Casey, Hughes, Sigenthaller, Pesce and Hamilton are all top 4D dmen. Plus as you said, you have Silyaev too. So in a year or two, you guys better trade one or two of them to make room
I would say the ones to move on from would probably be Hamilton & Siegenthaler when Silyaev gets here. Casey replaces Hamilton & all his PP minutes while Silyaev replaces Siegenthaler and all his defensive minutes. Our top 4 would be
Luke-Nemec
Silyaev-Casey
Whoever-Pesce

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Will the Sens and Flyers have the two guys fighting for the Calder? Yak and Mich look to be, by far, the best of the rookie crop.

Reactions: Devonator

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Hoven from Mayor's Manor (he contributes to the Kings and provides independent coverage) thinks Andre Lee, the Kings 2019 7th-round pick, will make opening night roster.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Ohgren and Khusnutdinov have made the opening roster at forward for the Wild. Wallstedt has made it as well, somewhat surprising that they are keeping them all up, they played well enough to deserve it, but the Wild potentially could have saved some cap. Good to see the team reward these guys for great camps.

Hunt deserves NHL time too but the D is stacked up nicely 1-6, any injury will get him a call up and play time over Merrill.

It was a good camp for the youth, apparently all that time and effort with the development team this past summer paid off, several guys looked to have taken significant steps forward.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Patty Ice

Mighty Luca
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Sharks should be sporting Celebrini, Smith, and Gushchin.

Cagnoni has shown he is a player but it'd be better for his development to start the year with the Barracuda. He needs to cut his pro teeth in the A.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth

Matvei and Jett​

20241005_110958.jpg

Luchanko is gonna become the youngest player in Flyers history

Reactions: MNRube

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Nolan Allan appears to have made the team with Kaiser on IR. Nazar was intitially sent down but played well tonight and could have changed the plan.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
For the Flames, Wolf is a lock and some thing Cooley will make and we'll run 3 goalies for a while (I don't think so personally) as well as maybe Honzek and/or Klapka, both are up in the air still though. We'll have a better idea tomorrow when we see who's placed on waivers.

Regardless... Klapka and Lomberg are clearly ideal linemates.
28.jpg

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

UpHere

Feelin' it
Jun 16, 2009
Canucks have Silovs in net.
Raty and Bains still up and fighting for jobs but when injured players come back only one at most will stick. Probably Bains I’m guessing but not many spots open at forward with a healthy lineup so could be none.
i can't stand the 'nucks, but Bains should be in the opening lineup

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
For the Flames, Wolf is a lock and some thing Cooley will make and we'll run 3 goalies for a while (I don't think so personally) as well as maybe Honzek and/or Klapka, both are up in the air still though. We'll have a better idea tomorrow when we see who's placed on waivers.

Regardless... Klapka and Lomberg are clearly ideal linemates.
View attachment 912893
Nice of him to bring his kid to work.

• Haha
Reactions: Lunatik

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I would say the ones to move on from would probably be Hamilton & Siegenthaler when Silyaev gets here. Casey replaces Hamilton & all his PP minutes while Silyaev replaces Siegenthaler and all his defensive minutes. Our top 4 would be
Luke-Nemec
Silyaev-Casey
Whoever-Pesce

If Siegs is back and he looks back so far then you could keep him. Move Dillon in 2 years when Silayev comes over. Siegs has another 4 years at 3.4. If he’s good then that’s a solid deal you hold onto. If one of the other LD prospects show you they can replace Siegs for cheaper then great I don’t think he’ll necessarily have to go if they don’t. Especially when Silayev will only be coming over at 20 and maybe won’t be a top 4 D yet. Siegs will still have 2 years left at that point. Perfect bridge from Siegs to Silayev as the top 4 shutdown LD

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Stankoven and Bourque were pretty much locks to make the team before camp even started . Expectedly they made it and as 12/13th it looks like Oskar Bäck made the team too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad