GDT: Rookie Tournament: Canadiens vs. Sabres (7PM ET on RDS.ca & YouTube)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Those who think Laval is stacked because of all these young prospects might be disappointed. AHL is tough on young players.

Laval will be fun to watch because of all the young prospects.

Don't let this game skew your opinion. Today's game is like every year, first games are always rough around the edges. Guys still have a lot of rust.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
It's a bad ******* omen if they haven't revamped their approach as an organization. What is so bloody hard to understand about starting back up the ice with the three players in unison. No instead it's like they have to go touch up behind the goal line. Meanwhile the puck carrier eventually takes himself out of the play when dropping the puck and two forward are stansing still waiting for something to happen. :clap:
BUT the BACKPASS! :eek:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Heineman has been kind of meh. I figured he would be a better forward for the Habs, but the forwards are kind of... meh in general, but that's to be expected.

Trudeau has been good. 1 little mishap I noticed.

Mailloux has been bad on at least 2 goals. Can't remember the first one. He makes solid passes and looks fine with the puck, but not so much defensively. Made a nice recovery for Trudeau, but that's it.

Denim haven't really noticed and that's a good thing.

Rover Tourigny has been good.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We always think that. Every year. Till we stop....until the next year....rinse and repeat.

I'd say that about the draft more than I would about the prospects in Laval. Every year, "next year's draft is stacked" until we get close to the draft and then we say "it's not as deep as next year's" and so on and so forth.

Last year, most of Laval's best players were the prospects. So it is definitely going to be great to have a lot of them there this year.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Let's be honest it's one of the best prospect pool in the NHL if not the best.
I am taking Reinbacher, Hutson and Slafkovsky before any single one of their prospect AINEC (although Slaf not a prospect anymore, still younger than many of their guy playing tonight like Isak Rosen.)

Thompson, Dahlin, Cozens and Power is an absolutely ridiculous core to build around tho.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Habitant#1 said:

Every single one of our player development staff that ever thought Mailloux was close to NHL ready needs to be fired. They clearly are terrible talent evaluators.

Francis Bouillon was one of them. Who else?

Well he was slighly better than Ortiz. :sarcasm: Struble can't get here fast enough.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Agree. Not playing for Laval or Montreal spots! ECHL-Lions so far? No dis-respect to Great Historical City of Trois-Rivieres.
Not ECHL no but clearly not top line material guy in the AHL next season. From.the 6 games we saw last year from Farrell and this game, he doesn't belong near an NHL team. 2nd or 3rd line in the AHL should be his spot. Ditto for Roy.

Mailloux should be playing bottom pair to start the season with a guy like Norlinder.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
After two periods I got good news and I have bad news.

Good news: Our goalie has been the best player so far.
Bad news: Our goalie has had to be the best player so far.

Reactions: Habano

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Really impress by Buffalo play by play guys on YouTube, they are doing a great job!

It's amateur hour on the Habs feed. Unwatchable

Dobes kept the boys in the forwards need to wake up and stop trying to force passes that aren't there

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Habitant#1 said:

Every single one of our player development staff that ever thought Mailloux was close to NHL ready needs to be fired. They clearly are terrible talent evaluators.

Francis Bouillon was one of them. Who else?

Well he was slighly better than Ortiz. :sarcasm: Struble can't get here fast enough.
jezz chill out mate , just one game

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
Just switched from Habs to Sabres feed on Youtube & it is much better.

And we score, see what a good feed does for you?

Reactions: Rapala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad