GDT: Rookie Games #1 & 2 | Flyers vs Rangers | September 13/14 | 7:05 PM, 5:05 PM | PPL Center, Allentown

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Michkov is as advertised, maybe even a little faster.

They have some speed with Luchanko, Tuomaala and Avon. Gendron ain't bad either.

Gendron however, needs some sand in his pants, looked like a pinball out there.

McDonald isn't a stiff, not going to generate much offense, but he can outskate Luke Schenn.

Desnoyers looks much quicker this year, and Andrae also looks improved.

Bonk was solid, Gill didn't embarrass himself.

Sedley-Samson did not have a good showing.

S

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Michkov is as advertised, maybe even a little faster.

They have some speed with Luchanko, Tuomaala and Avon. Gendron ain't bad either.

Gendron however, needs some sand in his pants, looked like a pinball out there.

McDonald isn't a stiff, not going to generate much offense, but he can outskate Luke Schenn.

Desnoyers looks much quicker this year, and Andrae also looks improved.

Bonk was solid, Gill didn't embarrass himself.

Sedley-Samson did not have a good showing.

S

It’s Friday night and a rookie preseason game. Don’t you have a life? :huh:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Embarrasing to lose this one when the talent is so stacked in your favor.

I feel like Lappy is gonna be Brierea Hakstol. Blinded by friendship and unable to fire him until he tanks the franchise.

I'd say Rangers at the very least had a very good (for a rookie game) team. And honestly they probably had more if not talent then NHL ready players because the Flyers ones save Michkov were either too young or not talented enough.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
I'd say Rangers at the very least had a very good (for a rookie game) team. And honestly they probably had more if not talent then NHL ready players because the Flyers ones save Michkov were either too young or not talented enough.

was very impressed by michkov and luchenko. i was a bit in and out on the game but thought michkov showed everything you'd want to see as far as being able to make things happen in a variety of ways and he was consistently doing so. would be very encouraged by what he showed if i was a flyers fan, and i mean the stuff that really matters when it comes to highly skilled players as far as what separates the best. he was very active, competed for pucks, no fear of contact or going to the middle. i know the highlight stuff is what everyone wants and gets the attention, but from my perspective that was irrelevant...everyone knows its there. what i was curious about was what he'd show as it relates to the effort, willingness to play in traffic/take contact, and his iq off the puck. for what it's worth, as someone with no vested interest, i came away very impressed in all of those areas. the luchenko kid just impressed me with the speed and effort he puts in. idno what kind of expectations he has as far as offense, but i'd say at the very least he's got a long future in a middle 6 as a forechecking/shutdown line menace.

as far as the lineups, i'd say the rangers had 4-5 guys who played an ahl season - 3 are probably pretty capable of playing in the nhl now...but unlikely any start there. a couple who will be ahl rookies this year 3? maybe, and the rest recent picks/free agents i guess...i don't follow close enough to be familiar with anyone outside like 7-8 names. not sure how that compares with the philly lineup but for anyone trying to ballpark the competition hopefully that clarifies.

Evergreen

I thought the guys who we wanted to look good last night did exactly that. Michkov is special. Luchanko looked fast, seemed to win most of his faceoffs, and really impressed me considering I’ve never seen him play before aside from highlights. Andrae looked good. McDonald was solid. Rizzo had his moments. I enjoyed the game.

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
I was at the phillies game and watched what i could on my phone during breaks. One of the not always mentioned parts of Michkovs game for me is his ability to get open. At times he intentionally skates out of the play and the defender forgets he exists and then he is wide open for an opportunity.

Also this shift just a lot of high skill

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad