GDT: Rookie Games #1 & 2 | Flyers vs Rangers | September 13/14 | 7:05 PM, 5:05 PM | PPL Center, Allentown

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
MM did not let me down. Very strong on his skates and his IQ is off the charts. Andre played very well and Hunter for me has made the team. He moves well and the opposing teams are going to hate playing against him. Jett has to be ready at all times to accept a pass from MM.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I heard they didn’t have ideal cameras to stream this game properly. The multibillion dollar franchise couldn’t provide a good stream (start to finish) for Michkov’s 1st game lol. Bumbler’s gonna bumble 😆

Comcast doesn’t know shit.

Just look at what else they own. The day they sell this franchise will be a good one for Flyer fans.

Blank cheques with incompetent ownership doesn’t mean much.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Honestly the player I thought of watching MM last night was Forsberg. I cant remember seeing a player with that kind of vision since Foppa. The way he protects the puck, the touch on his passes, even his goal was something Forsberg would do.

Not sure if thats the best comparison but thats where my mind went and im not complaining.

Reactions: 04hockey

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Honestly the player I thought of watching MM last night was Forsberg. I cant remember seeing a player with that kind of vision since Foppa. The way he protects the puck, the touch on his passes, even his goal was something Forsberg would do.

Not sure if thats the best comparison but thats where my mind went and im not complaining.

The puck protection was awesome. Didn't realize he had that element to his game

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
One thing that impressed me was watching Michkov skate hard on the back check.
Given his status, and it being a rookie game, he could have half assed it.
Maybe he's heard about Torts, but more likely this was drilled into him in the KHL.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I heard they didn’t have ideal cameras to stream this game properly. The multibillion dollar franchise couldn’t provide a good stream (start to finish) for Michkov’s 1st game lol. Bumbler’s gonna bumble 😆

The stream wasn't actually that bad. And some NHL teams didn't have any at all. We at least can watch 1st Michkov's goal as a Flyer, and Celebrini's fans can't watch his goal at all... Alright they can, but it looks like this

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Michkov is as advertised, maybe even a little faster.

They have some speed with Luchanko, Tuomaala and Avon. Gendron ain't bad either.

Gendron however, needs some sand in his pants, looked like a pinball out there.

McDonald isn't a stiff, not going to generate much offense, but he can outskate Luke Schenn.

Desnoyers looks much quicker this year, and Andrae also looks improved.

Bonk was solid, Gill didn't embarrass himself.

Sedley-Samson did not have a good showing.

S
Well, he is 34 and not so sure about that. I see you are on the Hunter hype train.

Will these other 3 even play a combined 200 NHL games? Speed don't mean all that much if not helping the Flyers.

One thing that impressed me was watching Michkov skate hard on the back check.
Given his status, and it being a rookie game, he could have half assed it.
Maybe he's heard about Torts, but more likely this was drilled into him in the KHL.
Don't think it had anything to do with that. He will do his thing regardless. That is why it will be fun seeing how this shakes out. Do appreciate you trying to pump up Torts.

Does Torst get an extension or fired? What is more likely of the 2 options?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Was just coming to post that. Here's an image so nobody has to bother with a link. I have no idea why they're linking a PDF for these games.

Screenshot_20240914-145001.png

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Edstrom with another goal shorty.

How has Luchanko looked?
He looks like an 18 year old kid headed back to Guelph Ontario.

Jett is trying, but is physically overmatched.

Alexis Gendron might be destined for Reading, as he has been on the ice more than skating or standing.

Spencer Gill is having a decent game but will be headed back to Rimouski in the Q.

Jacob Gaucher playing for his hockey life as he been a standout in this game today.

Last edited:

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Tuomaala scores in OT, he has been good in both games.

ATO goalie Hillebrandt with the W for the rooks.

Gaucher was the Flyers rooks best player in this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad