Rookie Camp/Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
This Max Kuznetsov speaks way better English than Russian...
SPY ALERT!!!!!

yay-spying.gif

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
This Max Kuznetsov speaks way better English than Russian...

Pretty sure its Slava's son. Probably convinced Briere to get someone more age appropriate then having 50+ year old Slava hanging out with Michkov all day

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Emil Andrae – He is 15 pounds more muscular since his draft year. He has strong forearms and faster skating than he was last year. He is hungry for an NHL roster spot.

What roster spot? There are none available.

Reactions: renberg

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
I didn't watch the Phantoms at all last year but can't forget Andrae getting pushed around like a child last training camp/early season.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Emil Andrae – He is 15 pounds more muscular since his draft year. He has strong forearms and faster skating than he was last year. He is hungry for an NHL roster spot.

Can’t be taking ice time away from Johnson. You know that veteran leadership and all that happy horseshit.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Zamula isn't discussed enough. Not because he's great or even particularly good. He's a passable depth guy.

It's just that this is what they churn out. They've made Zamula and Risto into similar players with different fulcrums. Not encouraging.

Reactions: freakydallas13

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He COULD fit in like this:

Sanheim-Drysdale
York-Risto
Andrae-Seeler
Zamula

Who knows.
It's called "competition."

Zamula is a passable 3LHD, but he's not guaranteed a spot.
Andrae looked OK to me last year, but not someone who earned a starting spot, so he has his work cut out for him. But he has more upside than Zamula.

York - Sanheim
Seeler - Drysdale
Andrae - Risto
Zamula - Johnson

You're not pairing either Zamula or Andrae with Drysdale, who has a lot of work on defense to be a reliable starter.
You're not breaking up York - Sanheim (Sanheim prefers to play RHD).
Risto carried Zamula last year, this version is a good pairing with a smaller LHD.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Zamula isn't discussed enough. Not because he's great or even particularly good. He's a passable depth guy.

It's just that this is what they churn out. They've made Zamula and Risto into similar players with different fulcrums. Not encouraging.
Zamula was an UDFA, so anything you get from him is a bonus (same with Avon).
He's a funny player, tall but lacks bulk, so leverage is an issue but his reach helps on defense.
Good vision and IQ, good passer, might have been our best PP QB (not much competition).
Smooth skater but below average speed.

I think he should have a solid career at 3LHD/PP2, but a guy you'll always be looking to upgrade.

Risto is a very different issue, great size, above average speed, good skill set but he was horribly coached. Shaw has been rebuilding his game from ground zero, focusing on defense first (no longer chasing hits), I think they'll take the training wheels off this season. Hopefully he'll stay healthy, look good and boost his potential trade value.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Not sure this was mentioned here already:

I guess that explain why he was available late in the draft despite having the toolset of a 2nd rounder.
He's on the ice today, and played a full season last year (injured for the championship series of the POs). Heck of a season for a big defense first guy:
66g 7-19 26 ES, PO 14g 3-7 10 +20 ES (next D men, +14, -1, +6, +4)

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018

I hate all of his blurbs, but this one the most.

Massimo Rizzo – He’s a tank. He was one of the stronger players besides Emile Chouinard, Zayde Wisdom, and Hunter McDonald. His shot is heavy. It wasn’t as accurate as I’d seen it. That may be rust from missing time late last season. He outbattled Emil Andra

I've watched Massimo Rizzo (probably) more than anyone else here. At 5'11" 180 lbs, never ever one time did I think he was a tank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad