WWE: Roman Reigns suspended 30 days for violating wellness policy

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Interesting note from Meltzer's podcast thing on this;

The drug testing is legitimate, but its way harder to fail a WWE test because of more allowed limits compared to NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL, so Reigns really did something bad for him to go over it

Here's where things get interesting. If it was weed or even PED's, i imagine he gets away with it.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
It's not over, but it might be scaled back. He may no longer be looked at as the future face of the company.

I don't think Cena's ever done it while with the WWE, or at least not since getting his push.

Apollo Crews looked similar on the indy scene before his signing, he just looks more ripped.

You could really tell when Randy Orton got off the stuff. He went from having a really thick body and arms to getting really slim. Look at his body from 2006-2008 compared to 2010 and onward.

I don't think Roman's taking back the title after this.

If Ambrose keeps the Raw viewership numbers in the 3.4m - 3.6m range while Reigns is away, I think it spells doom for Reigns, at least for the next 3-6 months. At that point you kind of have to put your eggs in the Ambrose basket. Facts are facts: he drew the same attendance numbers for house shows on the B-tour while touring smaller towns and didn't have the benefit of the championship.

Reigns is on a different level than Swagger.

I hope not, just because I was looking forward to seeing Cena-Styles lead Smackdown.

Maybe it's enough for one of Rollins or Ambrose to lead Raw instead and Reigns being mostly a background player for the time being.

At the end of the day, Roman's position would probably be better as a #1 heel or a "supporting character". He was much better in his role last year when he was playing Dean's buddy while Dean was chasing Rollins and he's showing glimpses of great heel work just waiting to break through in recent weeks. He's not good enough to be "the guy", though. Rollins and Ambrose are better suited in that role.

I agree with you about Orton. Mysterio also had a similar effect occur to him after his suspension. One person that is guaranteed though is Ryback. That dry muscle and dense shape is highly unusual for naturals.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Either way the draft is soon. Hopefully reigns doesn't ruin any of the momentum and hype when he comes back.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Safe guess for Roman over the next 6 months would be upper mid-card, maybe SD champ if he is on that show. If they turn him right out of the gate he could be high up.

It all really depends on what Vince is thinking. He could still be looking out for him, or he could be flipping out and taking this as a personal slight by Roman after all Vince has done to position him at the top. Vince is weird.

If common sense is ruling the day, they can't continue with him as the face of the company right now. The ratings, house show numbers, crowd reactions, and now a failed test?

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Funnily enough, moving him out of the spotlight, turning him heel and then bring in him back as face is what everyone but Vince has said all along will make him a superstar

Oct 18, 2011
Roman is getting 30 days off, and his first night back is right in the main event where he could very likely regain the title.

I don't think Vince has "pulled the plug" here

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Meltzer was talking about how there was a slight change in Reigns physique at the PPV, but he didn't look "suspicious". Also said Rollins was bigger but he's been away for months anyways.
Rollins definitely looks thicker, but he's not quite as lean. I wouldn't say he clearly took anything. Sometimes time off allows these guys to lift a little more seriously due to not having to perform, travel, etc.

Reigns actually looks considerably smaller than when The Shield first debuted. It's very noticeable. He's really no bigger than Rollins now. Ambrose is a little smaller now as well.

Then
Rollins_and_Reigns_in_the_Shield.jpg

Now
maxresdefault.jpg

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
They wouldn't do a work like this, it makes their policy look like a joke and they'd have to come out and say it was a work to outsiders too, which makes the work pointless. If they wanted storyline suspension, they'd just have him attack a camera man or something.

Sammy225

Aug 9, 2011
Best thing i have read today:

" I am not a good guy, I am not a bad guy, but i know a guy."

S A W F T*

They covered the suspension on ESPN. Given the lighthearted relationship that WWE/ESPN have (agreeing on what to cover), some are speculating this was a political move by Vince to reinforce their commitment to the wellness policy.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
They covered the suspension on ESPN. Given the lighthearted relationship that WWE/ESPN have (agreeing on what to cover), some are speculating this was a political move by Vince to reinforce their commitment to the wellness policy.

It's a good way to spin it after the fact.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
He's not that large for a juicer and he got caught despite being the golden boy. He literally does everything worse than every previous face of the company.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He's not that large for a juicer and he got caught despite being the golden boy. He literally does everything worse than every previous face of the company.

Steroids aren't just used to get big. They can be used to cut fat, used to heal injuries, etc.

Dolph Ziggler had a Wellness Policy violation back in 2009 and he's never looked more than 200 pounds soaking wet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad