Value of: Roman Josi to Edmonton?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Based on this strange blog post:

1677076518514.png

I'm not really familiar with the "state" of the Predators, or if you guys are planning on throwing in the towel and rebuilding., or if Josi would even waive his NMC to come to Edmonton.

But for shits n giggles, what would be the ask (assuming you were rebuilding and not wanting Draisaitl).

Attachments

• 1677076506420.png
    1677076506420.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 4

Zubrus Coffee Maker

Blinded by my Zubrus
Nov 14, 2008
Cobourg, ON
That offer is not enough for Josi, let alone adding Saros. That Campbell contract alone would take a 1st + to take, it’s one of the worst deals in the league. Josi is a Norris trophy calibre defense man, and Saros is a Vezina finalist in his prime, you’ve gotta be willing to give up to get players like this.

Not to mention they want the Predators to retain 2 million? This kind of deal doesn’t work outside of Chell. Just goes to show how sites like fansided will let anyone post whatever they want. Clearly they aren’t in touch with reality

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
What's the ask on Josi, if it's a 'rebuild'?

3x 1sts and 3x 2nds?

(for 3-4 'peak' years of Josi before his age catches up to him).

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
#1) Poile would want your best prospects not 1st. The 1st will take years to develop whereas players like broberg would give a quicker turn around.
#2) campbell cost atleast a 1st to dump. Yeah his buyout caphit isnt atrocious but it is 8 years and 12 million in real dollars. His numbers arent good enough to willingly pay him anything near that.

Barrie and Puljujarvi have no value to nashville in a rebuild scenerio. Puljujarvi has negligible value anyways.

Is the grand total value here close? Maybe, its alot to pilfer through. Is it the return nashville would want or go after? No... they counter with atleast 2 of your top 3 prospects and then keep adding

Reactions: SouthNash

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
The OP's proposal sucks but we don't need to add to it by even mentioning Draisaitl.

Edmonton is getting a top 5 defenseman in the league and a top 5 goalie in his prime on a great deal in this trade and Nashville is taking back 3 of Edmonton's cap dumps? It's perfectly reasonable to ask for a guy like Draisaitl.

Edmonton doesn't really have much else to offer for both of them otherwise.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
How the hell does Edmonton get Josi without giving up the likes of Broberg and Holloway?

And Nashville is taking dead weight?

Lock this one up.

Want a to see what a futures offer for Josi would look like?

Josi to the Devs for L. Hughes, Holtz, a '23 1st. (And both teams prolly say no.)

That OP offer is not even close to that

Reactions: Dadof5boys

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Nashville is not retaining on Josi lol, he's one of the top D in the league.

Also this isn't the NBA. Teams don't trade 9 draft picks in a single deal.

Wow, I didn't even see that Saros was in the deal. Unbelievable.

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
That's a f***ing horrible offer.

Retaining $2M on Josi alone is worth one 1st round pick. Dumping Campbell is another 1st round pick. At that point you're at one 1st, a couple 2nds, and then junk, for Josi AND Saros.

Truly terrible, an all time awful proposal for sure.

Reactions: TML1990 and T REX

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Based on this strange blog post:

View attachment 654667

I'm not really familiar with the "state" of the Predators, or if you guys are planning on throwing in the towel and rebuilding., or if Josi would even waive his NMC to come to Edmonton.

But for shits n giggles, what would be the ask (assuming you were rebuilding and not wanting Draisaitl).
That writer should be banned from all media for making such a horrible trade proposal. It's technically a pile of junk plus some lottery tickets for a potential Vezina winning goalie and potential Norris winning Dman with his salary retained. I'm going out on a limb here and saying that Nashville declines.

Reactions: snipes

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Clearly most of you missed the article that was posted IN the OP, and that it's not an offer created BY the OP. So stop getting your panties all twisted by going at him like he came up with the idea. Jesus.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Clearly most of you missed the article that was posted IN the OP, and that it's not an offer created BY the OP. So stop getting your panties all twisted by going at him like he came up with the idea. Jesus.
My little brother said my pet lizard was proficient at brain surgery, so I asked my parents if Antonin Scale-ia could install an expansion pack in my brain. They laughed at me and grounded me for a week even though it was my brother's idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad