Rogers Communications has acquired BCE’s 37.5% stake in Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Concerning part sports team wise is Rogers doesn't seem to like someone that isn't a yes man and doesn't fit the part and look of a "company man". If you're a good president but belligerent (like Massi) and someone like Burke, you're not going to last long at MLSE.

I truly believe Rogers is also in the business of making money first and foremost and winning becomes secondary (see part about wanting "yes" man only and not hiring best candidate available).

Reactions: CincoHolio

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Concerning part sports team wise is Rogers doesn't seem to like someone that isn't a yes man and doesn't fit the part and look of a "company man". If you're a good president but belligerent (like Massi) and someone like Burke, you're not going to last long at MLSE.

I truly believe Rogers is also in the business of making money first and foremost and winning becomes secondary (see part about wanting "yes" man only and not hiring best candidate available).
The dude is a massive POS. You never hear anything good about Roger's and working for their corporation.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Loser franchise.

NHL corporate hockey sucks.

Its all about risk assessment. Odds are winning are extremely low. Why put in a bunch of risk with such little chance of reward when you can remain status quo and continue to rake in the millions you're already getting.

This is how the Board thinks.

I've decided to follow Utah Polygamists if they re-sign Marner. or PWHL.

No wonder the players dont care. The owners dont care.

Reactions: HolyCrap and rumman

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
If it goes up you can always go to Bell! And if they spike it you can always go back to Rogers! And then if Rogers spikes it again you can go back to Bell!

So many options
Don’t forget about telus.

Wouldn’t it be something if Bell brought another team to the GTA……..
That would be awesome to see! Come on Bell go and get a team in Hamilton and start to ruffle the leafs and sabres feathers!

Reactions: rumman

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
1 company plus the evil LarryT controlling all those teams and all that money is like many have stated not a very good idea at all. Who would be up in the Rogers aerie and have the audacity in pitching this as a good idea and that overpaying for that 37.5% is good for the company's future?

I've heard that a certain Steve Simmonds saw not just Mitch, but also Paul Marner going into meetings accompanying the evil LarryT into Rogers HQ over the last 6 weeks or so?

• Wow

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I’m sure that’s a part of it. The sportsnet broadcast is awful. It’s at point where it’s unwatchable.
It's just the 1st intermission when CBC has HNiC and their nose stuck in the broadcast. Once CBC is finally excluded which will or should be soon, it will go back to being a hockey broadcast, instead of what it's currently posing as.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
So the lesser publicly subsidized company has now taken ownership. Basically new boss same as double headed old boss.

I prefer single owner so it's good for the Leafs.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
So the lesser publicly subsidized company has now taken ownership. Basically new boss same as double headed old boss.

I prefer single owner so it's good for the Leafs.

i prefer the dynamic where if bell or rogers disagreed, tannenbaum gets to act as a moderator

now that dynamic is gone. now it's purely monolithic.

Reactions: CincoHolio

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
1 company plus the evil LarryT controlling all those teams and all that money is like many have stated not a very good idea at all. Who would be up in the Rogers aerie and have the audacity in pitching this as a good idea and that overpaying for that 37.5% is good for the company's future?

I've heard that a certain Steve Simmonds saw not just Mitch, but also Paul Marner going into meetings accompanying the evil LarryT into Rogers HQ over the last 6 weeks or so?
Just curious why Larry T is evil?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad