GDT: Rocky - Oilers v Flyers - Tuesday @ 8 PM

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
As bad as the 0-3 start is it’s the 3-15 stat that should be worrying people. We aren’t competitive at all by the second half of the game. Even last night we were tied after 2 periods only to give up 3 unanswered goals in the third period. We aren’t a bit of puck luck or a good bounce from turning this around. We are getting destroyed by every team we play. I’d be satisfied with competing at this point. We aren’t going to start winning any games until that starts first.
'It's only preseason' they said..

Reactions: cantthinkofone

stewy04

Jun 19, 2016
Score more then one goal! Get more then one powerplay! Have a normal expected goals for and a normal save above expected! And we are ok......

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
If the oilers would just suck up their pride, and give me a chance In net we honestly could be at least 1-3 right now

1729005406397.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
How long before Nurse starts getting booed at home? I feel like he’s about a month away from getting the Tom Poti treatment.

Would be nice if the media could start as well.

I'm an hour through the GYB podcast after the Flame game and I don't think I've heard his name mentioned once. He was probably our worst player on Sunday, but that can never get talked about for some reason.

Reactions: Cloned

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
At least Tom Poti had a moveable contract.

Nurse is a huge problem.

The worse he plays the more movable that contact becomes.

He's currently playing like a $1M player, so if we retained half his deal and moved him we could upgrade to a legitimate ~$5M player in his place without using any more cap space.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Our shooting percentage is 32nd in the league and our save percentage is 31st. At some point, those will normalize. The real issue is that the 2nd pairing is decade of darkness levels bad. None of the options brought in are as good as Ceci- he's ideally a #5 and we brought in a bunch of #7s. Nurse also looks worse than he ever has if that's possible.

One of the areas Mcleod excelled in was skating the puck out of the Dzone. He got Nurse/Ceci/Desharnais, all of whom are poor passers, out of trouble more times than we can count. Henrique has a lot of strengths but skating speed isn't one of them. Not having a speedy centre to alleviate the pressure has made Nurse and the 2nd pair as a whole look a lot, lot worse.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Everyone so worried about our scoring but that’s not the problem, to win the last 3 games we would of needed 7 goals, 5 goals and 4 goals

I know we aren’t going to win with 1 a game but we def aren’t going to win any with scoring a average of 5 a game either.

North

Jun 25, 2009

He's currently playing like a $1M player, so if we retained half his deal and moved him we could upgrade to a legitimate ~$5M player in his place without using any more cap space.
He has an NMC. He isn’t even earning half that contract right now. It’s also buyout proof.

There is very little in the way to make this contract moveable regardless of how he plays.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
He has an NMC. He isn’t even earning half that contract right now. It’s also buyout proof.

There is very little in the way to make this contract moveable regardless of how he plays.

f*** you're right I forgot about the NMC.

For sure someone would take him at 50% off, but that team probably wouldn't get him waiving it.

Reactions: North

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
PLUS
what do we have that we can add to entice someone to take him?

If we could move him anywhere I don't think we would have much of a problem finding someone to just take him at 50% retained with no sweeteners. Problem is we can't do that with the NMC.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

The only thing that would be worse than the Nurse contract is incurring $4.6M+ dead cap for the next 5+ seasons.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
The only thing that would be worse than the Nurse contract is incurring $4.6M+ dead cap for the next 5+ seasons.

Ya it sure would be terrible to prospectively get a better defenseman to replace him for the same amount of total cap it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad