GDT: #3 | Flyers at Oilers | Tuesday, October 15, 2024 | 10:00 PM Celsius Time | ESPN

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Saw Harlequin, Chilliwack and the Pumps Friday, perfect song for our chances to win tonight !!

Do any of you fine Murica boys know who any of those 3 bands are ? :)

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
From BM:

74 Owen Tippett - 48 Morgan Frost - 39 Matvei Michkov
71 Tyson Foerster - 17 Jett Luchanko - 11 Travis Konecny

86 Joel Farabee - 14 Sean Couturier - 10 Bobby Brink
21 Scott Laughton - 27 Noah Cates - 19 Garnet Hathaway

8 Cam York - 6 Travis Sanheim
77 Erik Johnson - 9 Jamie Drysdale
5 Egor Zamula - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

33 Samuel Ersson
[82 Ivan Fedotov]

Puke on the D pairings.........but they have nowhere to run to.......

Thanks, OP updated.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This is going to have to be a high-scoring game for the Flyers to walk away with a win. Our D pairs aren't going to be able to stop an Oilers team looking to avoid an 0-4 start on their home ice.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Imagine thinking EJ playing the left side is smart !!

I don't understand why Torts doesn't run

York - Sanheim
Zamula - Risto
Andrae - Drysdale

Let the 3rd pair be your offensive pair with limited minutes if you're so f***ing scared.

Johnson playing the left side over Andrae is a f***ing joke only Torts apologists will defend.

Reactions: CerpinTaxt

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't understand why Torts doesn't run

York - Sanheim
Zamula - Risto
Andrae - Drysdale

Let the 3rd pair be your offensive pair with limited minutes if you're so f***ing scared.

Johnson playing the left side over Andrae is a f***ing joke only Torts apologists will defend.
Probably b/c on the road, the opposing HC would target Andrae - Drysdale.
I mean if I saw them on the ice I'd be double shifting McDavid.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Probably trying to avoid Andrae getting line matched against McJesus on the road.

Not that I would want EJ out there either…

Last edited:

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I would play McDavid 25mins per night every single night I could -- regardless of opponents.

That's not an attack on your statement, that's me saying how much better McDavid is than basically any other player on earth.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014

Well sure.

And at a stoppage if the Flyers win the draw they can gain possession and make a change, like all teams try to do and manage to do successfully many times per game.

In the ebb and flow of the game during continuous play it is much less of a problem.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Well sure.

And at a stoppage if the Flyers win the draw they can gain possession and make a change, like all teams try to do and manage to do successfully many times per game.
If your top pair is just getting off the ice though that’s not really an option. Also just winning a face off doesn’t guarantee you can make a line change, especially in the DZ (when they are most likely to throw McDavid out there) when there’s a long change. And you have to win the face off which is literally a coin flip.

Not that I agree with coaching in fear but that’s likely their thought process.

Last edited:

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
When Luchanko goes on the ice, look for Knoblach to be sending McDavid over the boards to face him. The kid is going to be embarrassed.

Who would be more embarrassed, Luchanko at 2C being exploited at center, or a Andrae - Drysdale 3rd pair (pretending Johnson doesn't incorrectly take 3LD)?

Not like Luchanko would see much ice time with that pair, anyway.

Oh I know! Triple shift McDavid! That's how.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
If your top pair is just getting off the ice though that’s not really an option. Also just winning a face off doesn’t guarantee you can make a line change, especially in the DZ (when they are most likely to throw McDavid out there) when there’s a long change. And you have to win the face off which is literally a coin flip.

Not that I agree with coaching with fear but that’s likely their thought process.

Yes I'm aware, but the post I responded to was hypothetically pretending that McDavid would be instantly double-shifted against an Andrae-Drysdale 3rd pair every single time they hit the ice and that McDavid would cave them in singlehandedly is not a fair shake of a take, either. It is completely devoid of nuance and context and the reality of in-game circumstances.

But really, McDavid would be matching against Centers, not defensemen. Luchanko come on down!

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
That's about the best set of forward lines we can get with this roster, I think, as long as they have Poehling draw in for Laughton or Hathaway from time to time. Here's hoping they stick to this for a while.

I think Ryan Poehling is a great 4th line player. If they would have just traded Laughton or Hath, we don't have this problem of getting him or Cates in every night

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
15:45 and 11:43 TOI for Johnson first two games.

Andrae can handle those minutes. The org projects him and has touted him as a projected top 4 defender and listed him in the reasons for passing on Buium.

Walk the talk.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think Ryan Poehling is a great 4th line player. If they would have just traded Laughton or Hath, we don't have this problem of getting him or Cates in every night
That's not a problem to me. Soon enough there will be injuries, and Luchanko may be back in Junior by Hallowwen.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
When Luchanko goes on the ice, look for Knoblach to be sending McDavid over the boards to face him. The kid is going to be embarrassed.
Not sure, Cates was very good against McDavid as a rookie.
And Luchanko one of the few NHL centers who can actually skate with McDavid.
So he has a fighting chance to be about as good defensively against him as most NHL centers. :eek:

The problem with Luchanko is more on the offensive side, just hasn't had time to polish those skills.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad