Pre-Game Talk: Rocky - Oilers v Flyers - Tuesday @ 8 PM

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The Grand Plan; Accrue as much cap space as possible before the TDL.

The Quote; “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.” Mike Tyson

The Punches to the Mouth; Dual offer sheets, another poor training camp, the weakened D corps not holding, shaky goaltending, the leaders playing completely uninspiring hockey and a shooting percentage of 3%.

Can the Oilers play Rocky, climb off the mat a second year in a row and punch back? Or are they heading for a TKO in a prize fight they are expected to win?

Hopefully today’s Thanksgiving turkey doesn’t deposit too many tryptophans and make the boys drowsy. Perhaps they celebrated Thanksgiving early and that’s the excuse for the piss poor start?

Either way they can ill afford to drop Tuesday’s game to the Flyers. Going on the road 0-4 against Nashville then Dallas isn’t what Jeff Jackson had in mind when he devised his Grand Plan.

We are off to a Rocky start.

AC6B891D-8C87-420A-8350-62B3DCEBA915.gif

Last edited:

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
I'm already at the "who gives a sh**" emotional level.

They have to go on a win streak now to get back into getting sucked back in lol

I found this with all of my friends. We were together yesterday (12 of us). Nobody really gave a rats a** or got emotional about the loss. Just laughed it off and expected it. Even the 2 most negative nancies of our group had no reaction.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
They tried to do the St. Louis worst to first gameplay last year and f***ed it up.

Clearly they're going to do it right this year.

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
How long before Nurse starts getting booed at home? I feel like he’s about a month away from getting the Tom Poti treatment.
It is close. He just doesn't change his game at all. Always tries to do too much and it burned him for a goal yesterday

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
The Oilers will bounce back but I don't think there will be any magic run like last year.

My guess is that a playoff berth will come down to the last week of the schedule.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Reasonable Oil Fan

NO KOOL AID PLEASE!!
Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World
Pretty early in the year but this will be a pivotal game in a sense. The Flyers are a better team than the hawks or flames but they are off to a bad start like us. I’d expect them to come out strong and we will need to match that intensity. Time to get moving and stop this before it becomes a slump

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
The Oilers will bounce back but I don't think there will be any magic run like last year.

My guess is that a playoff berth will come down to the last week of the schedule.
I was saying that earlier too. These slow starts , relying on another huge win streak just isn’t practical. It’s not even that we are losing games, it’s how we are losing. Blown out and out scored 15-3. We will eventually get it going no doubt, but might be too late by the time we do if we keep this up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad