Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose to Cats ( again) 4 - 3 )

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Mr. Coyle, zero...point...zero(along with a -5).

1728937061705.png

• Haha
Reactions: BMC and FONZIE

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
McAvoy & Hampus L. shouldn't sniff PP minutes. Coaches somehow don't have them ready to initiate. Bruins a day late in and a dollar short in taking charge. PP is great.......................at over passing and/or one timers that miss. No PP structure screams poor coaching. Monty will be good enough to make the playoffs but that's where it ends.
If this doesn't straighten out by Thanksgiving, and they aren't within striking distance of the playoffs Sweeney needs to show Monty the door.
No idea if Gallant would be better but I doubt he worse. Thing is, I read that he doesn't last more than 2 seasons with any team.
It's too bad Mike Sullivan isn't available. He's just the right mix of a guy who seems to give players either a pat on the back or a kick in the pants.

Yeah, behind the f***ing bench!
We had Mike. They replaced him with Dave "the moustache" Lewis.

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Yep, everyone here wants bloodshed, they forget that the guys out there are paid to try and win. It was a close game, they aren't going to ruin their shot trying to chase a guy around who isn't going to answer the bell anyway.

The time to send the message was when they were getting blown out in the first game, now it's time to move on and keep getting better

Plenty of messages to be sent playing hockey. Dump, chase, and charge into the defenseman. Simple. Then see if Bennett magically ends up paired with H. Lindholm again with a scrum.

The lack of pride and toughness on display tonight was disgraceful. Don't forget these paid professionals should be at least slightly bitter over Bennett ending the seasons with the Marchand suckerpunch. Playoff games are far more meaningful than regular season.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Zadorov/McAvoy had 80% o-zone starts and finished with ~35% shot share and only one scoring chance for the Bruins while they were on the ice.

Give it more time and all, but returns not great on that pairing.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Florida lives rent free in this team's heads, and frankly a good chunk of the fan base's as well. I think it's best we all try to move on from our history with Florida and focus on the future. They're a great team and will be hard to beat and going out there trying to avenge the past is not how you beat them.
Jinx...

Reactions: UConn126

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I love how it’s Marchand and Zacha showing spine. I mean, it’s sad, but I’m glad they’re willing.

Needed Zadorov, Frederic etc to do something in these games. Frederic has been remarkably frustrating against the Panthers over his career.
If Freddy is producing at his usual level at a 15-20 goal pace by February, I definitely trade him at the deadline to some other team who just sees highlight reels and thinks he's tougher than he really is.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Been trying to find the answer to this question with no luck:

Anyone know which Bruin has the record for most consecutive games with a penalty, and how many games it was?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Posted in GDT but this saves you time for Florida games:

1. Bruins come out on fire.
2. Bruins get lead.
3. Florida gets away with a bad hit or missed penalty.
4. Bruins lose their cool.
5. Bruins take penalties.
6. Florida scores on PP.
7. Florida takes lead in 2nd and game is under control.
8. Bruins make late push, score and still come up short.
9. Florida spends the entire 3rd flipping the puck out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad