Rochester and Cincinnati All-Purpose Thread 2022-2023 Season (Conference Finals: Hershey wins 4-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I’m not sure what they can do. Maybe Savoie again and hope he sparks something. But that’s really a reach.

The middle lines didn't generate anything tonight. It's hard to do it when the opposition is playing some prime dead puck style and is allowed to do things like hold a guy (the Jobst play in the corner just before the ENGA comes to mind) but they do not generate much speed and are not getting to the net without the puck as one would expect from a team playing the way the Bears play. I had hopes they would hold serve with the first goal winning the game, but their margins are too slim to both play poorly defensively that they have to lean hard on Subban AND also let in a goal that probably Subbie wants back.

Overall, it was a frustrating night.

Reactions: joshjull

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
The middle lines didn't generate anything tonight. It's hard to do it when the opposition is playing some prime dead puck style and is allowed to do things like hold a guy (the Jobst play in the corner just before the ENGA comes to mind) but they do not generate much speed and are not getting to the net without the puck as one would expect from a team playing the way the Bears play. I had hopes they would hold serve with the first goal winning the game, but their margins are too slim to both play poorly defensively that they have to lean hard on Subban AND also let in a goal that probably Subbie wants back.

Overall, it was a frustrating night.
Very frustrating night. Hersey just turned it on in the third period and Subbie shouldn't have to be the guy who kept us afloat.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Similar to losing to Laval last season, the AHL playoffs inherently seems to deflate teams that can really skate. Would be nice to have a couple guys like McIlrath and Morelli for the playoffs, large and physical. Protas is a monster too.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Capture.PNG

It does not appear that Johnson has been added to the Amerks roster yet...

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
He has to have some kind of contract in place. I can’t imagine he’d be allowed to practice by the NHLPA without being compensated. Can’t be compensated without a contract.
I doubt the NHLPA has a lot of influence around compensation during the AHL playoffs.

And we know he signed an ELC that starts with the 2023-24 season. But, that does not speak to whether he is on the Amerks roster and eligible to play in the Calder Cup playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad