Rochester and Cincinnati All-Purpose Thread 2022-2023 Season (Conference Finals: Hershey wins 4-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Hershey can cross check the Amerks D all day in front of their own net, because they have diplomatic immunity. Amerks can't respond even if they want to without going to the box.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
They can't make tape to tape passes to save their life. I get it that Hershey plays a lock down game but not seeing anything but individual efforts by the vets and invisibility by the kids.
The Amerks skill level is sort a bad...
You’re always full of so much positivity during these games.

They’re in the conference finals against a better team. One that plays a style perfectly suited to stifling their offense. No one is surprised they’re struggling.

Sound_n_Fury

Apr 3, 2005
You’re always full of so much positivity during these games.

They’re in the conference finals against a better team. One that plays a style perfectly suited to stifling their offense. No one is surprised they’re struggling.
I want them to win and realize they're the lower seed against a veteran AHL "win now, develop later" crew. But it's frustrating to watch guys get physically manhandled with no apparent ability to answer back.

I'll shut up and call it a night.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I want them to win and realize they're the lower seed against a veteran AHL "win now, develop later" crew. But it's frustrating to watch guys get physically manhandled with no apparent ability to answer back.

It is frustrating. But they’re not built to do it consistently and when they’ve tried they get penalized.

On the flip side, they’ve had their best weapon (PP) effectively taken away by how this series has been officiated. After the first couple games it was clear tackle hockey was going to be allowed. Forcing them to grind out offense, which doesn’t play their strengths.

None of that means their skill level is bad. They’re just not built to effectively play dead puck era hockey.

Reactions: thewookie1

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I’d point out that the Amerks were the better team in game 2 and 3 and shouldn’t have made lineup changes based off of bad officiating and a good goalie. But all I’d have to point to is them not Being the better team for the first time in the series tonight.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm

i Haven't watched much but Tysolim ( delib muspell ) makes it so nice..

anyway. what i did watch..part of first and almost all of the second . They really looked like a veteran team being patient wating for chances to put it away..being physical and very deliberate covering each other defensively, even being aware of coverage on bad shot angles and really taking any Hershey rush and pushing it to the perimeter..
i saw the 2 to one goal and that was a fluke that only happens because goalie is so dialed in that only a mistake or bad bounce..
if they regroup and decide to pkay like they did but be a Little looser ( and still be super aware playoff intense just shake off inevitable imperfections) and forgive themselves more for mistakes which is what i imagine snowballed what looked like a perfect home playoff game..
The Amerks are the better team..if each player embraces their weakness and laughs about it they should easily win the next and the next etc as they all are clearly capable..The youth just need to finish and KA clearly out the right vets out there as a framework that's stabie that the kids will succeed or fail based on their level of awareness and drive maturity etc..
This should be easy to win 4 1 and 5 2 and force game 7 .. giving themselves a break handling the push by burying chances early and a lot , from sleazy NHL tweeners that need these moments..What a great experience to embrace or learn from going forward..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad