Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
In the wrong thread bro I'd address you elsewhere.
What? The scenario remains the same. Will is behind 5 guys for a spot on the big club. I wanted him out of camp on the Sabres. But the numbers now aren’t in his favor.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
What? The scenario remains the same. Will is behind 5 guys for a spot on the big club. I wanted him out of camp on the Sabres. But the numbers now aren’t in his favor.
Its an Amerks thread not who would I trade for who thread. Go back to the Buffalo main page and copy me in and I'll discuss there. This thread isn't for trade discussion, no offense intended just trying to save busy Mods some time.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Blue Cross Arena - Rochester, NY
373_65.png

Cleveland Monsters(3-2-0-0)
323_65.png

Rochester Americans(3-1-0-1)
FINAL SO

CLE:
S. Matteau (02:11 2nd)
K. Stenlund (09:11 2nd)
S. Matteau (14:29 3rd)

ROC:
D. Smith (02:36 2nd)
J. Dea (10:17 2nd)
S. Wilson (12:24 2nd)

Gerbe wins it in the shootout for Cleveland.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Are the Amerks really that bad? I had great expectations for them. I thought that their D and coaching with minimal goaltending and just some offence would led to a very good season.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Losing Taylor as HC, unexpectedly, was a blow.

They lost ORegan, Simpson, and Olofsson, which is a combined 72 goals, and really only gained Thompson and Dea. C.J. Smith has been very disappointing to start.

Their PP clearly misses Olofsson and Pilut (who's only just gotten back).

Redmond had a career year that'll be hard to repeat.

It isn't too surprising that they aren't as strong this year. They kept a lot of guys from last year, but a lot of them were the plugs, not the impact players.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Losing Taylor as HC, unexpectedly, was a blow.

They lost ORegan, Simpson, and Olofsson, which is a combined 72 goals, and really only gained Thompson and Dea. C.J. Smith has been very disappointing to start.

Their PP clearly misses Olofsson and Pilut (who's only just gotten back).

Redmond had a career year that'll be hard to repeat.

It isn't too surprising that they aren't as strong this year. They kept a lot of guys from last year, but a lot of them were the plugs, not the impact players.

They again are shy on quality scoring talent. The comment that they again needed at least one more good forward back in the summer remains. They are likely to need Dea, Oglevie, Asplund and Lazar to also figure themselves out.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
They again are shy on quality scoring talent. The comment that they again needed at least one more good forward back in the summer remains. They are likely to need Dea, Oglevie, Asplund and Lazar to also figure themselves out.
I haven’t paid very close attention to the America outside of Twitter follows and streaming parts of a couple games. So take this with a grain of salt. Also not disputing what you and @Gabrielor are saying.

But it’s seems their goaltending has been a mess at times as well. I can’t recall which game it was but they gave up only 20 shots and lost 3-2 with Johansson. Hamburgler just got lit up. They are going to struggle to correct course if the goaltending doesn’t get sorted.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Johansson is not a viable option and yet their offensive guys have been just that - offensive. They're not getting finish and they're not getting into good position. Maybe it's just Taylor being absent, but they're not skating well and certainly aren't finishing right now.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I haven’t paid very close attention to the America outside of Twitter follows and streaming parts of a couple games. So take this with a grain of salt. Also not disputing what you and @Gabrielor are saying.

But it’s seems their goaltending has been a mess at times as well. I can’t recall which game it was but they gave up only 20 shots and lost 3-2 with Johansson. Hamburgler just got lit up. They are going to struggle to correct course if the goaltending doesn’t get sorted.

So dispute what I've watched in the three games I've taken in? Salt to taste.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
So dispute what I've watched in the three games I've taken in? Salt to taste.
Huh?

I was just wondering if goaltending was an issue on top of everything else that was mentioned. It seems like it is but I haven’t followed them closely enough to say for certain. I probably didn’t word my previous post very well.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Huh?

I was just wondering if goaltending was an issue on top of everything else that was mentioned. It seems like it is but I haven’t followed them closely enough to say for certain. I probably didn’t word my previous post very well.

It is. Johansson is subpar.

Reactions: joshjull

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Johansson is not a viable option and yet their offensive guys have been just that - offensive. They're not getting finish and they're not getting into good position. Maybe it's just Taylor being absent, but they're not skating well and certainly aren't finishing right now.

From the little i have seen them play they try to play the same style like the sabres, but somehow it doesn't work for them.
They need someone to work on the details, maybe it's a good thing that Taylor can look a while over Kruegers shoulder to learn how to do it.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
From the little i have seen them play they try to play the same style like the sabres, but somehow it doesn't work for them.
They need someone to work on the details, maybe it's a good thing that Taylor can look a while over Kruegers shoulder to learn how to do it.

I hope Taylor is back soon.

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad