Rochester Americans and Jacksonville Icemen 2024 Off-season Thread.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
A number of their divisional foes have locked in some of their key vets already. It's interesting that not one of the Group VI folks or any of their older Group V's have been signed yet while Utica, Syracuse and even Cleveland are making moves to retain their important vets.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Crazy series. Hershey was up 3 games to none against Cleveland.

The finals opponent (Coachella) was already determined and they decided to fly from California to Hershey assuming Hershey would win.

Cleveland (maybe motivated by this) win the next three games to force a game 7. Almost pulled off the comeback, but lost in overtime. If Cleveland had won, the finals would have started back in California.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I wonder if Buffalo continues its affiliation in Jacksonville. They seemed to provide some quality guys on AHL deals, helped them to a strong season albeit one that ended at the hands of the Everblades in 7 games in the first round.

I hope so for selfish reasons! Though I could see the following happening, and would be fine with this as well:

Everblades move to Hurricanes - return to their first parent (they are the Whalers colors for a reason)

Panthers move to Jax

Vegas move to the new Reno ECHL team and leave Savannah

Sabres then pick up the Ghost Pirates with Vegas leaving

EDIT: Savannah to announce new NHL/AHL Affiliate Monday.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I'm interested in what Amerks do today too. Need defense and some larger bodies.

Is Mersch signed for next season?

Reactions: Dingo44

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Rochester still needs some more sandpaper and a 2nd goalie.

I wonder who gets the C assuming Mersch is elsewhere? I'm thinking Big Murr.
Goalie? I was hoping for Driedger. Looks like he signed with Florida. Maybe Prosvetov?

Sandpaper? How about Tinordi. Time for him to sign a 2-way contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad