Roberto Luongo on Monday Night Raw with CM Punk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
That's awesome I used to be a HUGE wrestling fan in the 80's(Hogan, Warrior, Savage, Flair) and 90s(Steve Austin, Bret Hart, HBK, Kevin Nash, Sting, Rock).

Can't watch it now even though I went Wrestlemania last year here in LA I didn't know anybody except Cody Rhodes and Roman Reigns plus it was way too fast like gymnastics

I think they're run by the same folks that run the NHL. They think speed, flashing lights, and loud noises make a better product than substance.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
signal shout out. @Bleedred

you love both. goalies and greased rass'lin

luongo and some cm punk?

lets rip. ...a theremin solo too!

...and this very old double shot ....

marty and edge.

Last edited:

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Monday Night Raw is still a thing?
Not just still a thing but Netflix just ponied up $5 billion to become the home of Raw, the WWE Network Catalog and the international provider for all WWE programing for the next decade, starting in January.

USA Network is paying $1.4 billion to get Smackdown for the next 5-years.

CW Network is going to be paying $20-25 million per year to air NXT, which is WWE's developmental show.

It's arguably the hottest it's been since the Monday Night Wars.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
That's awesome I used to be a HUGE wrestling fan in the 80's(Hogan, Warrior, Savage, Flair) and 90s(Steve Austin, Bret Hart, HBK, Kevin Nash, Sting, Rock).

Can't watch it now even though I went Wrestlemania last year here in LA I didn't know anybody except Cody Rhodes and Roman Reigns plus it was way too fast like gymnastics

No love for Yokozuna and the Undertaker? Loved that rivalry as a kid in the 90s.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No love for Yokozuna and the Undertaker? Loved that rivalry as a kid in the 90s.
Owen Hart and Yokozuna were maybe my favorite rando tag team of all time. Two guys that were like so completely opposite. You had one guy who wasn't huge and didn't have the most impressive physique, but he was a legit technical wrestling guy. And then a big sumo sized wrestler (he was never actually a sumo wrestler outside of his gimmick) and they were a really odd couple. And they were both already over as singles guys at the time. Yokozuna already had been WWF champion several times and I think Owen had already won an Intercontinental championship, but I could be wrong on that.

And it was unique, because it wasn't just some main event level gigantic guy with a main event level smaller guy like Diesel and Shawn Michaels. And they were a legit tag team, and not just a couple of legacy guys that teamed up as a super group for 2 weeks, just long enough to win the tag team championship and then drop the tag team championship. I'm talking Stone Cold and the Undertaker here.

And they also weren't a goofball comedy team either, like some of those teams made up of two completely opposite, much different sized guys.

EDIT - Owen Hart apparently had not won the IC belt when he was teaming with Yokozuna and they were tag team champions. His first IC title wasn't until 1997 when he was feuding with the Rock and then Austin. And I know he won the Euro belt while feuding with HHH in 1998.

It's a crime and a joke that guys like Jeff Jarrett (f*** his stupid country singer gimmick and fake singing that was really the Roadie/Road Dogg), Marty Jannetty, Marc Mero and Ahmed Johnson all won that title before Owen. Double J had it 3 times before Owen first won it lol. I know Jenetty was merely used just to take the belt from Shawn Michaels during their feud, before he dropped the belt right back to HBK weeks later, but that was a joke.

Last edited:

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's

My favorite Yokozuna story revolves around how Yokozuna's finisher was him just dropping his fat ass on his opponent's chest.

He was facing Bret Hart in a match and as Yokozuna went up to the top rope to drop his ass on Bret, Bret noticed that he had shit himself so he got the f*** outta the way as fast as possible. When Yokozuna hit the mat, he "marked his territory."

Bret described his pants as "looking like a bowl of pea soup."

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Grown men by the way
Hogan_tweet.png

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I remember when the 1st hour was Raw is War and 2nd hour used to be called WWF War zone on USA....than 9/11 happened and they got rid of "WAR" in the name

Well to be fair, there Monday Night Wars and been over for a while by then (WCW's last show was March of that year) so there want really a "War" going on anymore for them.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
I think they're run by the same folks that run the NHL. They think speed, flashing lights, and loud noises make a better product than substance.
Speaking of speed, I watched wrestling (AEW) a couple weeks ago for the first time in ages and was shocked at how smaller, faster and acrobatic these guys were. They made Olympic gymnastics look like child's play.

I haven't watched wrestling regularly since the Attitude Era so this was a shock to me. Wrestlers seemed to have gone from 6'3" 225LBS to like 5'10" 190LBS.

Reactions: LeighDx59

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad