Player Discussion Robert Nilsson

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Anyone here remember this guy?

What are you guys memories of him? What did he bring to the ice?

just curious. I have a thing for retired swedes.

View attachment 896271
Hmm....timid, useless, lots of natural talent inherited genetically, but.....useless. Bit of a ...
1721767964905.png

Last edited:

Victor000

Dec 23, 2022
That trade was the one that convinced me Kevin Lowe had no idea what he was doing running the Oilers. That was when he should have been fired. The return for Smyth was irrelevant. It was that he was so stupid to make it on the day of the Messier jersey retirement and ruin a once in a lifetime event for Oiler fans. I remember the media talking about that ceremony being on the night of the trade deadline months in advance and bringing up the possibility of a Smyth trade that day marring it and the organization laughing it off. Should have never happened. Sign Smyth, trade him earlier or better yet hold the ceremony any other time then they did. For some bizarre reason they felt it was more important to cater to the Rangers than their own fans. Absolutely brain dead decision from the organization. Wasn’t the first and certainly wasn’t the last but that one was unforgivable and I soured on Lowe forever for it.
Another case of Lowe's ego running out of control. Weren't they only about 100K apart when Lowe pulled the plug on negotiations? Only an ego-manic does that to someone who gave as much did to the franchise as Smyth did and not even care afterwards about the fallout with the fans.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
\
Omark has to be on this list too. lol Paajarvi was butter as well. he melted.
I never understood why they drafted Paajarvi None of his development years indicated he would ever be anything better than a 4th liner, I remember being so disappointed when they took him I wanted Kreider so bad in that draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad