Rinne statue proves that statues actually can look like the players

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Why did they give Rinne a statue?

They just like celebrating things, but don't have a whole lot to celebrate.

I'm not sure if a statue for a one-time Vezina winner is worse or on par with Ray Bourque having his jersey retired by the Avs. Either way, it's pretty funny.

Reactions: mdj12784

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
They just like celebrating things, but don't have a whole lot to celebrate.

I'm not sure if a statue for a one-time Vezina winner is worse or on par with Ray Bourque having his jersey retired by the Avs. Either way, it's pretty funny.
Perks played for them forever. Sure it’s a statue but eh. The Ray jersey retirement is still embarrassing and cringe to this day.

Retiring a player that played less than 100 games for you. Yikes.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Perks played for them forever. Sure it’s a statue but eh. The Ray jersey retirement is still embarrassing and cringe to this day.

Retiring a player that played less than 100 games for you. Yikes.

A statue for a guy who played a long time in your organization and whose sole accomplishment is a single Vezina seems a bit much. How big is the statue going to be if they ever win the Cup?

Lol. The Romans figured out how to many lifelike statues out of stone 2000 years ago... We can't do the same with modern molds?

"We have the technology, but we don't want to spend a lot of money."

Reactions: katfude

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
A statue for a guy who played a long time in your organization and whose sole accomplishment is a single Vezina seems a bit much. How big is the statue going to be if they ever win the Cup?

"We have the technology, but we don't want to spend a lot of money."

I don't think there is anything wrong about celebrating a PERSON that did a lot for the organization. Why do other fans of other teams care what teams do? It's their business and they can celebrate whatever whoever they want. I don't care, all the power to them. I think it's classy.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
t-bad-statues.jpg
just to be clear this was a prank pulled on Ronaldo by James Corden...perhaps the only funny thing James Corden has ever done in his career btw

Reactions: hirawl

LeftKinger

Oct 20, 2022
just to be clear this was a prank pulled on Ronaldo by James Corden...perhaps the only funny thing James Corden has ever done in his career btw
No, it wasn’t. He did a prank on Beckham inspired by the Ronaldo case. The Ronaldo one was just actually that bad.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
A lot of statues going up for players who will never be in the hall of fame lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad