Prospect Info: Riley Kidney, LHC, Gatineau Olympiques (QMJHL ), 63rd overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I like that most of his assists were primary and I heard he had a really good playoffs. I believe I saw somewhere that that Titan could be pretty good next year, how do they stack up, as I haven't watched a Q game or followed the league at all since RHP/Houde played.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Don’t like taking bad skaters. Hopefully he can improve.
Agree

Hopefully he already know this is a weakness of his and put in the time and effort to keep improving.

If he needs to be motivated to do this, its a good sign he won't make it.

I find this is the biggest difference between a good AHL and future NHL, they put the time in and improve on their own dime. Too many people blame development on the organization when really 90% of it is going to come from the player himself. Coaches point you in the direction but is up to the player to do the extra work needed to become the best then can be.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
So he is a better pick than Pastujov ?

I second it on the bad skater issue. Don't like it, has burned us many times.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
So we drafted hudon redux?

He has a better toolbox and IQ than Hudon and his skating speed issue might correct themselves just by gaining muscles in his lower body. His weight is low for his height (somewhat underdeveloped physically) and his skating technic is fine (not elite, but above average).

Reactions: overlords

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I don't see him as an NHL centre but I see NHL upside in him. I don't think he makes it but not a bad pick nonetheless

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Cerebral playmakers don't need to be fast to be effective. They excel at slowing down the game, having good hands, distributing the puck, and playing East-West hockey.

apparently he has good lateral mobility so that's a thing. skating is more workable than ever. I see a bit of suzuki in him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad