Confirmed with Link: Rights to Chris Tanev for Max Ellis, 2026 7th rd selection

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
Pesce, New Jersey 6M+ more than likely
Weeger unavailable and 7M
Trouba 8M and sucks

Not as easy getting a top 4RD as you thought is it?

Huh? I would pay Pesce 6M. Trades come with Cap retention all time. Literally happens every trade deadline.

We are just in a circular argument. Tanev at 5M beyond 2 years is too much imo. I was personally hoping for a longer contract and lower aav. If we do sign him, I hope he plays incredible.

All the best

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Alright.... after some thinking.... I really think we should walk away from Tanev.

5M aav at his age is just so effing STUPID. his play could just drop off of a cliff after getting retirement package. brodie's play dropped all of a sudden too.

f*** the 7th rounder..... Just walk away from Tanev. Let some other team pay him.

Leafs are not in a position to contend with the shit contracts like marner and tavares on the roster. DO NOT TAKE THIS RISK DO NOT

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
It would actually be completely ass if we run it back with Liljegren for offence and only add grit defenceman.

If we're gonna spend 5 for Tanev, just add the 2 extra mil instead for Montour and run it back with Edmundson and Boosh for the box outs.

Cheaping out on backend skill is not wise especially with a dummy like Liljegren. You can get away with cheaping out on blue collar players that play hard and tough. Hopefully something is in the works. I would be shocked if there wasn't given that we even gambled on Klingbergs hip (which showed they acknowledge how bad it is)

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Maybe he just received the wrong info and decided to hide it?

Maybe he shouldn't report things before they are done?

He does that all the time, you don't see Friedman, or Lebrun, or Dreger, or CJ, or when he's around Bobby Mac doing that consistently when they say something is done it's DONE because they are REAL insiders

Weeks is pathetic, even if he's right he jumped the gun AGAIN

Reactions: Metal God

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think it does at less than $5M per.

Seems like something is holding it up and it's probably the AAV without pissing off Bettman.

Bettman can’t be allowed to meddle in the affairs of free agency of one specific team and player.

As a Leafs fan I don’t want to pay the ticket prices and I don’t want my team to pay revenue sharing.

Gaberd2608

Jul 14, 2022
Alright.... after some thinking.... I really think we should walk away from Tanev.

5M aav at his age is just so effing STUPID. his play could just drop off of a cliff after getting retirement package. brodie's play dropped all of a sudden too.

f*** the 7th rounder..... Just walk away from Tanev. Let some other team pay him.

Leafs are not in a position to contend with the shit contracts like marner and tavares on the roster. DO NOT TAKE THIS RISK DO NOT
How much more could it possibly take to sign Roy?

Would it be that much worse having Rielly-Roy?

Reactions: PromisedLand

TopG

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
Maybe he shouldn't report things before they are done?

He does that all the time, you don't see Friedman, or Lebrun, or Dreger, or CJ, or when he's around Bobby Mac doing that consistently when they say something is done it's DONE because they are REAL insiders

Weeks is pathetic, even if he's right he jumped the gun AGAIN
Nah Weekes is good

Reactions: aingefan and Mckay

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Tanev will be great until he declines and they will deal with that then. If it’s 5, that’s fine. We are worrying about a few hundred k on the cap to gain someone who can truly fill a long standing hole on the back end.

I hope they get Tanev and another guy, either Zadorov or bring back Edmunson.

Reactions: bax and Evilhomer

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021

Yup. My praise yesterday assumed they would use long term to bring the cap hit significantly down

@ 5 mil I'd explore other options. Even more expensive options for a better player if we are entering the 5 mil territory.

Hoping 5 mil is a bogus rumor.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
It would be pretty solid to have Tanev and Domi in the bank before FA starts. A center and a RHD in the fold would ease some of the pressure going into the frenzy. Lots of time to focus on getting creative with someone like Stamkos or Roy.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
I think Tanev signs for 5 yrs

He wanted a 4 yr deal in Dallas

He will be 35 this winter

4 for 20mil?
5 for ?

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

but what about Max Ellis, he is a potential great, lol.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
We are about to land a new backend but loose Bert. Tanev and Zadorov for Bert? Now Robertson wants out? Addition with subtraction.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
We are about to land a new backend but loose Bert. Tanev and Zadorov for Bert? Now Robertson wants out? Addition with subtraction.

I was rooting for Robertson but he wasn’t even garaunteed a roster spot tbh next year. Look at the lineups people were have been posting for months he’s not in a lot of them.

Bert is also quite replaceable tbh. He is slow, his puck skills are suspect. He did some good things but I don’t regard him as much of a loss

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00