Confirmed with Link: Rights to Chris Tanev for Max Ellis, 2026 7th rd selection

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
How is it insane? Durzi just got 6m per. Bertuzzi is rumoured to sign elsewhere for 5m per. Zadorov is rumoured to be signing for around 6m per on a long term deal.
Others bad contracts doesn't make this one a good one.

I want Tanev. But we need to use cap space properly. If we sign Tanev at 5M, I hope he plays incredible and makes me eat my words

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
Move on to what exactly?

We need a top 4RD, how much do you think Montour, Roy etc are going to get

So instead of complaining I want you to tell me who this top 4RD that's going to make less than 5M is
Then explore the trade market.

This mentality is exactly what got us into this mess in the first place with cap space. Desperation and/or overpaying guys who proved nothing.

Good. That's what I want

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Yea, 5 million dollars for another 1st round exit. Like I don't know, man. Offence has been more of a problem than anything else in the playoffs. They keep adding these kinds of guys on D every year, and so?

Reactions: fahad203

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
Yea, 5 million dollars for another 1st round exit. Like I don't know, man. Offence has been more of a problem than anything else in the playoffs. They keep adding these kinds of guys on D every year, and so?
How can you generate offence when you can’t pass it back to the D? Basically trying to play 3v5 in the Ozone all the time. At least this guy can handle a pass and make a smart decision with it.

Reactions: thusk

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

That's a lot of money. If it's 5 milion for couple of years, I have no problem
Anything passed 2-3 years is now shooting yourself on the foot

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Then explore the trade market.

This mentality is exactly what got us into this mess in the first place with cap space. Desperation and/or overpaying guys who proved nothing.

Good. That's what I want
With what? trades require assets, assets were short of

It's bloody easy to say walk away but you look like an idiot if you don't have an actual plan B, which you dont

He may have to yet, we're plowing through the money

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Danford and Tanev are pretty similar. 6'2 shutdown RHD, who are considered amongst the best of their peers at defensive play and blocking shots.

Treliving knew exactly what he was looking for this summer.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

It's bloody easy to say walk away but you look like an idiot if you don't have an actual plan B, which you dont

But you guys keep deluding yourself thinking oh we are adding this guy on D, things will be different in the playoffs next year. We kept adding guys like that, him and Muzzin and like and it made 0 difference. It's amazing how you guys keep getting duped into thinking yea next year will be different.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
But you guys keep deluding yourself thinking oh we are adding this guy on D, things will be different in the playoffs next year. We kept adding guys like that, him and Muzzin and like and it made 0 difference. It's amazing how you guys keep getting duped into thinking yea next year will be different.
With a new coach, I’m very optimistic.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Yeah yeah yeah

people like you aren't even worth talking to

Your so smart, the team sucks, your to cool to care, there never going to win, why even try? They can't dupe you

So full rebuild then dip ****?

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009

We don't have trade assets?

Sometimes a good deal is the one you walk away from.

You're asking me to create a plan B trade plan without even knowing who is available out there. Pesce, Weegar, Trouba all come to mind as possible options

If it's Tanev at 5 M for 1-2 Years, fine then. I hope he plays wicked amazing and makes me f***ing eat crow

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
We don't have trade assets?

Sometimes a good deal is the one you walk away from.

You're asking me to create a plan B trade plan without even knowing who is available out there. Pesce, Weegar, Trouba all come to mind as possible options

If it's Tanev at 5 M for 1-2 Years, fine then. I hope he plays wicked amazing and makes me f***ing eat crow
Pesce, New Jersey 6M+ more than likely
Weeger unavailable and 7M
Trouba 8M and sucks

Not as easy getting a top 4RD as you thought is it?

Reactions: Confucius

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2