Speculation: *Rifai vs. Liljegren. It's a thing and it's happening.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

With the winds of change blowing through the Scotiabank Arena, who will be their 6th D?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Let’s look at lilly
Good skater
Average offensively
Poor hockey IQ
Gets knocked off the puck easily
Can’t clear the front of the net

Easily replaceable

Is Benoit much better?

He's slightly better at anything defensively and slightly worse at anything offensively, and I am not even convinced he is better defensively.

He gets beat up more in fights so fans like him, that's the big difference.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Leafland
Is Benoit much better?

He's slightly better at anything defensively and slightly worse at anything offensively, and I am not even convinced he is better defensively.

He gets beat up more in fights so fans like him, that's the big difference.
Benoit plays a great role beside McCabe
Clears the front of the net
Breaks up the cycle in the corners
Takes the body whenever it presents itself which makes
The opposition aware they are going to get pasted
Makes half as much as Lilly and in the playoffs when the sledding gets tougher makes a difference where as Lilly is ineffective and usually watched from the press box

So yes I say Benoit it much more better equipped to play his role

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Liljegren and Timmins seem to be in direct competition, not sure why the op thinks it's Rifai.
Considering play and cap, Timmins may be the guy they keep.
It could go either way. I wouldn't disagree with this. Timmins could change Berube's mind. A 3 million dollar a year 7th defenseman looks pretty bad. It's not the worst thing, but there's always such a cap squeeze with TOR. Keeping Robertson and Patches might change things.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Lily will get the edge because hes right handed. That said, Lily should have never been signed in the first place.

Rielly Tanev
OEL McCabe
Benoit Hakanpää
Rifai RD

Reactions: horner

horner

May 22, 2007
I agree. But begs the question why management didn't just trade him before signing him to 3 mil.

He needs to be in the lineup for that much money.

Mirtle has even said the front office was considering a trade earlier in the summer (or at least wasnt sure about Lily's future), but I guess they got cold feet
A summer of training or not can change a view on a player .

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Benoit plays a great role beside McCabe
Clears the front of the net
Breaks up the cycle in the corners
Takes the body whenever it presents itself which makes
The opposition aware they are going to get pasted
Makes half as much as Lilly and in the playoffs when the sledding gets tougher makes a difference where as Lilly is ineffective and usually watched from the press box

So yes I say Benoit it much more better equipped to play his role

Failed miserably in the playoffs which seems to be the argument of why Liljegren is bad.

Lily will get the edge because hes right handed. That said, Lily should have never been signed in the first place.

Rielly Tanev
OEL McCabe
Benoit Hakanpää
Rifai RD

That 3rd pairing will spend the entire game in their own end cross-checking people.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Benoit was out there in the dying minutes of playoff games, Lil was benched for washed up Brodie. Nuff said there lol. The Bruins laughed at Lil.

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Failed miserably in the playoffs which seems to be the argument of why Liljegren is bad.

That 3rd pairing will spend the entire game in their own end cross-checking people.
Liljegren tends to be hemmed in, no cross-checking, and side-lined for 2 months because he didn't protect himself when skating into the boards with another player.

Hakanpaa's scouting says: "he can play a smart and steady game".

To me that means he can make a good first pass, or clear it into the neutral zone (without relying on cross-checking).

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Liljegren tends to be hemmed in, no cross-checking, and side-lined for 2 months because he didn't protect himself when skating into the boards with another player.

Hakanpaa's scouting says: "he can play a smart and steady game".

To me that means he can make a good first pass, or clear it into the neutral zone (without relying on cross-checking).

"Scouting says"

Benoit lost to him in every metric except advanced stats, so if we want to use those now, we can, but otherwise, he was worse in every way.

Liljegren also sucked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad