Prospect Info: Rhett Pitlick (2019, #131)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I remember he was a standout at last year's development camp, a week after being drafted.

I can't wait to see how he does next year. He will be in the NCAA playing for University of Minnesota.

For some reasons, I have vibes of Plekanec in what I saw from him in that camp, could become an annoying, persistant forechecking 2-way forward if everything aligns correctly.

Some John Madden in him too.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For some reasons, I have vibes of Plekanec in what I saw from him in that camp, could become an annoying, persistant forechecking 2-way forward if everything aligns correctly.

Some John Madden in him too.

I don't see him in the Pleks mold, in the games i've seen at least but that was in the USHS and USHL, so we'll see how his game evolves over the next few years.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-7-27_16-28-19.png

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That would be real good for a 5th round pick if he can become a Paul Byron-type.

I can't wait to see how it goes for him in the NCAA this year.

Definitely one step at a time. Although I'm already looking forward to how he'll look when he gets to NHL camps in Septembers, first thing is to see him in the NCAA.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He is not even listed on their roster, while 3 other freshmen are.

Oops, thanks

Pitlick is listed on Muskegon's 30-man roster that was released last night:

Lumberjacks announce 30-man roster

So maybe he will play in the USHL this year, too.

PItlick not going in the NCAA is not good news. Waste of time.

For reference
Lumberjacks announce 30-man roster

FWIW it doesn't 100% mean he won't play with MU at some point in the 20-21 season. I do agree another season in the USHL would be a waste though.

I don't know why or when it changed but all the sites i've checked now list him as going to Minnesota for the '21-'22 season. So I don't know if they felt he wasn't ready perhaps physically or if it was due to something else.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I don't know why or when it changed but all the sites i've checked now list him as going to Minnesota for the '21-'22 season. So I don't know if they felt he wasn't ready perhaps physically or if it was due to something else.
They're starting the season with very few freshmen ( only one freshman forward as far as I can tell). Maybe they decided to go with a more experienced lineup.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Pitlick has yet to play any preseason games yet. Tonight will be Muskegon's fourth preseason game and he isn't in the line-up again. I'm curious if he isn't 100% or if Muskegon is really using these preseason games to scout other players before choosing who is cut and who makes the team.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
If we had an ECHL team could we just sign these kind of low-end prospects and play them there instead of watching them being wasted away by teams who prefer to ice players that have zero future?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If we had an ECHL team could we just sign these kind of low-end prospects and play them there instead of watching them being wasted away by teams who prefer to ice players that have zero future?

Pitlick will be heading to the NCAA next year. So instead of ECHL, he would probably prefer to go to college where he can also go to school and major in something.

Also, we don't know the circumstances as to why Pitlick hasn't played yet. It's possible he's not 100% healthy.

Reactions: Toene

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Pitlick has yet to play any preseason games yet. Tonight will be Muskegon's fourth preseason game and he isn't in the line-up again. I'm curious if he isn't 100% or if Muskegon is really using these preseason games to scout other players before choosing who is cut and who makes the team.

I don't think Gushchin has played either and him and Pitlick were the top duo for Muskegon.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

It's due to covid, 2 USHL teams opted not to play so their players were spilt up in a draft, Muskegon has 30 players so they need to figure out who to keep and who to cut. The season starts in 12 days so once it starts he will be on the top line again like he was last year.

Reactions: Toene

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't think Gushchin has played either and him and Pitlick were the top duo for Muskegon.

You're right. Good catch. I didn't pay much attention to other players, only Pitlick.

As you have already said in another thread, with some USHL teams opting out, players from those teams were scattered around other teams. So it's possible Muskegon has a few of those players playing instead. As well as some younger players they want to see if they make enough of an impression to stick around or be cut.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad