Speculation: Hurricanes to sign Skyler Brind’Amour

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
So because a team that is lacking AHL center depth or bottom 5 depth in crazy injury conditions says that we’ll give you a 2 way deal if you get out of your AHL deal is fishy just because of his last name?
I never thought I would read that a team is lacking AHL centre depth.

And yes, the way you put the question makes it sound even fishier....

Reactions: CanadienShark

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I never thought I would read that a team is lacking AHL centre depth.

And yes, the way you put the question makes it sound even fishier....
Our centers in the pipeline, Suzuki and Robidas. Thats it. If Jost passes through waivers that is potentially another. If FUS doesn’t make the Canes roster then he could play center (or wing). 2 two for sure centers and 2 possibles. Nothing wrong with adding a for sure 3rd one

But hey at least you can make up a story line

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Our centers in the pipeline, Suzuki and Robidas. Thats it. If Jost passes through waivers that is potentially another.

But hey at least you can make up a story line
No matter how you look at it, the Cannes did not have to waste a roster spot on him. What is he, #10 C on their depth chart?

And I would be shocked if they could not find someone better to address their AHL centre depth, you can probably line up 10 players better than him, who are willing to sign AHL deals. So why pick him?

Reactions: kevistar

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
No matter how you look at it, the Cannes did not have to waste a roster spot on him. What is he, #10 C on their depth chart?

And I would be shocked if they could not find someone better to address their AHL centre depth, you can probably line up 10 players better than him, who are willing to sign AHL deals. So why pick him?
true centers

Aho
Kk
Staal
Drury
Suzuki
Jost
Robidas
Brindy’Amour

He would be 10th if Jarvis and FUS are considered for center. Again, its really weird the hand wringing about a guy so far down on the list.

Last edited:

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Questionable signing for sure but even AHL teams need a 4C or extra forwards I guess..
Most teams sign those players to AHL deals, otherwise they would have big trouble with the 50 contracts limits...

No team would waste a contract on an extra AHL forward.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
Most teams sign those players to AHL deals, otherwise they would have big trouble with the 50 contracts limits...

Ok yes I am just now realizing it’s not just an AHL contract. Makes sense. That is really bizarre. He’s lucky to not be playing in the coast

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC

CapWages shows Carolina at 42 contracts with 8 PTOs coming in for camp. They won't sign all of them; some are there for depth for camp and preseason games.

Carolina certainly isn't having an issue with the 50 contract limit this season. At 25 and coming off an AHL deal, if they sign SBA (that looks odd, I admit) to a 2-way deal it will be for this season and he'll play in Chicago unless they give him a photo op night with his dad similar to how they gave Jared Staal a photo op night many years ago to play with Eric and Jordan.

The only UFA C I see out there who might be worth considering is Tierney, and if he were willing to take a 2-way contract he'd be signed by now.

Reactions: DaveG and cptjeff

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
  • Love
Reactions: Chrispy and DaveG

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
extremely off-topic question -- anyone know what the details are about how this guy was born in Raleigh in summer 1999? Brind'Amour was still playing for the Flyers at that point, he wouldn't be traded to Carolina until January of 2000. Did Rod already know at that point that he was headed out the door to the Canes?

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
extremely off-topic question -- anyone know what the details are about how this guy was born in Raleigh in summer 1999? Brind'Amour was still playing for the Flyers at that point, he wouldn't be traded to Carolina until January of 2000. Did Rod already know at that point that he was headed out the door to the Canes?
Likely born elsewhere and raised in Raleigh and no one cares enough to update the bio based on the first 6 months of his life. Is my guess.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad