Value of: RHD to Buffalo

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
NYR seems like a fit?
Go get Trouba?
He can chew up some big hard minutes until Power can get above 20 mins a game.
He has 4yrs left at 8 mil cap and likely gets pushed out as they have Schneider who could replace a bit of what Trouba does in a few years.

Dahlin likely benefits from 2 other guys playing 20-22 mins a game.
BUF sends some cap/money back.
They have 3 1st rounders no?

Last edited:
Reactions: toomuchsauce

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
NYR seems like a fit?
Go get Trouba?
He can chew up some big hard minutes until Power can get above 20 mins a game.
He has 4yrs left at 8 mil cap and likely gets pushed out as they have Schneider who could replace a bit of what Trouba does in a few years.

Dahlin likely benefits from 2 other guys playing 20-22 mins a game.
BUF sends some cap/money back.
They have 3 1st rounders no?

Isn't Trouba's spouse settled in the Metro area though? He's got a 15-team no-trade in his contract already... I can't see him waiving that to go anywhere but where his partner is.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Isn't Trouba's spouse settled in the Metro area though? He's got a 15-team no-trade in his contract already... I can't see him waiving that to go anywhere but where his partner is.

Also why would we want an $8M middle pairing D

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Buffalo has a top 20 hospital in New York State.

Also why would we want an $8M middle pairing D

You have one RD under contract for next year and a protected $42 million in cap space.
He plays 22 1/2 mins a game and you act like that's a bad thing?

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Hronek from Detroit...Wings need centre prospects
Hronek would interest me, but Buffalo's center prospects/young centers are not on the table for him. So probably not a good fit.

Ideally for the Sabres, it would be a young LHD (e.g. Johnson, Samuelsson) for young RHD swap.

Also, any idea why he was healthy scratched earlier this season?

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Sabres def need to find a long term partner for Power. Pysyk is a good placeholder for Dahlin right now they seem to elevate eachother and hes cheap. RD glaring hole

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Sabres def need to find a long term partner for Power. Pysyk is a good placeholder for Dahlin right now they seem to elevate eachother and hes cheap. RD glaring hole

might be Owen Power. Roll Bryson-joker. Then find a partner for Samuelsson (pysyk?)

power-dahlin
Bryson-joker
Samuelsson-Pysyk

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Future Buffalo defense

1st Pair LD Power RD Johnson
2nd Pair LD Dahlin RD Jokiharju
3rd Pair LD Samuelsson RD Laaksonen
Extra: LD Bryson

Manhattan

Dec 23, 2013
Stockholm
Bryson's better than a 7D.
Okay, even on Team Canada’s upcoming Olympic roster?

Just because you play center on the top line it doesn’t make you 1C caliber.
Same goes with a 7th D in a projected lineup.

It’s rather a good thing having competition pushing talent down the lineup.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Bryson's better than a 7D.
Bryson is better then a 7D right now and is probably Buffalo’s 3rd-4th best defenseman but in the future I could see Bryson getting pushed out of LD by defenseman that are projected to be more gifted physically offensively and defensively.

Bryson does have the heart and plays upwards of 20 minutes a night on average but Bryson isn’t a world beater as far as offense defenseman go with (1 career goal) and is kind of short 5’9 and light 185lbs for being a defensive defenseman, who are usually taller and have longer reach.

The thing that saves Bryson is his skating is above average and puck moving abilities are good in the passing department.

Bryson is still prone to untimely turnovers especially under heavy forechecking from the opposition.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
My proposal from the Habs Fire Sale thread...

To Buffalo: Gallagher, Savard, Allen

To Montreal: 2022 7th, Dell

Sabres add a veteran RW to provide leader ship to their young core, a veteran RD to mentor their young D, and a serviceable veteran goalie

Habs rid themselves of the long term contracts of Gallagher and Savard without having to take back any salary

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
it’s rather a good thing having competition pushing talent down the lineup.

Bryson is better then a 7D right now and is probably Buffalo’s 3rd-4th best defenseman but in the future I could see Bryson getting pushed out of LD by defenseman that are projected to be more gifted physically offensively and defensively.

Don't disagree. I think he has more upside. He might not break this roster, but I think as an asset he is better than a 7D. In which case, they should trade him for another asset.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Sabres add a veteran RW to provide leader ship to their young core, a veteran RD to mentor their young D, and a serviceable veteran goalie

Habs rid themselves of the long term contracts of Gallagher and Savard without having to take back any salary

must stop…

buffalo isn’t taking cap dumps.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

over the next 3 drafts buffalo has 10 picks in the first 2 rounds.

they can drsft of make a trade such as Johnson for an equivalent RD.

Reactions: Team Cozens

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

That's way, way too much salary to expect Buffalo to take on given their current actions. Beyond that, I would also be shocked if Gallagher didn't have Buffalo on his no-trade list. Savard just signed in Montreal to be close to home as he winds down his career and while he has no trade control, I can't see him being all that happy with departing a 1/16th of the way into that deal.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

And Sabres get cap dumps. Yum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad