RHC Roger McQueen - Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL(2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Watching video from last year, I see him winning open-ice foot races and blowing past guys while carrying the puck. That indicates his stride is pretty good. I think the area he probably really needs to work on his short-space speed and quickness.

This kid is still filling out and growing into this big frame.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's a good player, but I've never felt wowed by his skill level. Whenever I watch him, I always feel like his hands look slow and he's relying on his reach too much. I wonder if people would think nearly as highly of him if he were 6'1 instead.

When I watched Brandon when Danielson was there, it seemed like McQueen was more of a net front guy than anything else. Not a ton of flash or creativity, not a ton of playmaking. I wonder if that's how he will project in the NHL.
But he’s 6’5. You can’t take that out of the equation.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Yes, but I think any team making that pick is happy with that outcome.
True. I'm stating the obvious : Sometimes the BIG kids take longer to develop than someone who is 6'1", so teams may discount his size come draft time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad