Confirmed with Link: RFAs & UFAs | QOs: Kucherov, Killorn, others | Marchessault to FLA (updates post #1)

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Can we freaking sign kucherov already before someone offer sheets him yzerman!!!

I honestly don't know if the offer sheet rules are the same now as they were nine years ago, but lets say someone gives Kuch the 2016 equivalent to the Vanek/Oilers offer sheet. It was four or five 1st rounders that Edmonton would have lost if the Sabres didn't match it.

So...Kuch, or four 1st round picks? I generally say take the proven quantity, and Kuch is an emerging superstar in this league. This would make me think just a little bit, however.

(Presuming, if this were to happen, then it has to be imagined Stamkos would be kept at that point.)

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I honestly don't know if the offer sheet rules are the same now as they were nine years ago, but lets say someone gives Kuch the 2016 equivalent to the Vanek/Oilers offer sheet. It was four or five 1st rounders that Edmonton would have lost if the Sabres didn't match it.

So...Kuch, or four 1st round picks? I generally say take the proven quantity, and Kuch is an emerging superstar in this league. This would make me think just a little bit, however.

(Presuming, if this were to happen, then it has to be imagined Stamkos would be kept at that point.)

Depends on how much is offered I'm not sure I used to view a scale I think 6 million per year used to be a 1st , 2nd and 3rd rounder. As the money goes up the draft picks cost goes up.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
CapFriendly ‏@CapFriendly 2m2 minutes ago
With J.T. Brown signed ($1.25M AAV), #Lightning current cap space is 19.2M, with a roster size of 16 (8/6/2)

2 year deal for brownov #AWESOMESAUCE

Trade Condra, keep Richard on the roster full time and we still have 16 but 20mil to sign the rest.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Joe Smith ‏@TBTimes_JSmith 3m3 minutes ago
#TBLightning give qualifying offers to Gourde, Gudlevskis, Killorn, Kucherov, McGinn, Namestnikov, Nesterov.

So we've qualified Nesterov... By my count, that's 8 NHL defensemen. #buyout?

Yzlamic Preacher*

I do not approve of qualifying Kutcherov tbh

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even after sending the qualifying offer, can't we still extend them? And this is just to lock them in?

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Correct me if I'm wrong, but even after sending the qualifying offer, can't we still extend them? And this is just to lock them in?

It is but in the meantime he is eligible to be offer sheeted. To clarify, I have no issue with the qualifying offer itself. I'm just pissed that Yzerman focused all his attention on the stupid Stamkos crap instead of getting Kucherov locked up before now. A few days ago it was reported that he hadn't even begun negotiations with Kucherov yet. It just seems dumb that we couldn't have gotten him signed to an extension already instead of leaving the door open for another team to screw us.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Only two RFAs not qualified in the organization it looks like: Broll and Paradis. Both don't have NHL ceiling - AHL bottom sixers and physical presence. Both came to the organization in trades; Paradis came from Blackhawks organization and Broll came from Leafs organization.

What happens to a prospect that does not receive a qualifying offer? Any team can sign as a free agent?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad