Pre-Game Talk: Return of the Rat - Stanley Cup Finals '24: Edmonton vs. Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Predict the Final

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I don't know if I like the forward lines.
McLeod doesn't work at center and looked much better on the wing. That said, that 4th line is better then the 3rd line so maybe they will be swapped

I really like the idea of Janmark - Henrique - Brown. I think that's gonna be a great line.

4th leaves something to be desired though. Also don't like McLeod at C.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I really like the idea of Janmark - Henrique - Brown. I think that's gonna be a great line.

4th leaves something to be desired though. Also don't like McLeod at C.
That 4th line should get more icetime than that 3rd line honestly too.
That said Knob is pretty flexibile with his lines so who knows. It's only game1.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I would be surprised if Foegele wouldn't play at some point. I don't think it's wild to see him in that practice lineup. He's big and a good skater. He would also be 100% fresh and motivated as hell

As for Ceci and Kulak, it's maybe just to keep options open. Ceci is a worse fit as a #4 but Kulak on his off side is reduced in effectiveness.

Having said that I much much prefer Nurse-Kulak

Reactions: TB12

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I would be surprised if Foegele wouldn't play at some point. I don't think it's wild to see him in that practice lineup. He's big and a good skater. He would also be 100% fresh and motivated as hell

As for Ceci and Kulak, it's maybe just to keep options open. Ceci is a worse fit as a #4 but Kulak on his off side is reduced in effectiveness.

I see it right now as him starting with Nurse/Ceci because if that again doesn't work you go back to Nurse Kulak. If you start with Nurse Kulak, and it struggles, you would be insane to go to Nurse/Ceci later in the series.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

Foegele and the word motivated are not naturally occurring in a sentence. He's never been anything in playoffs, its an odd and unfortunate attribute to have, and its inexplicable he tends to disappear. he has the size, attributes, physicality to play this game. Its interesting as well that Marchment targeted Foegele in the Dallas series with abuse and foegele was never spotted again. For all the talk of Mcleod being cowardly on the board I'd wonder more about Foegele. Something is off with this guy every playoffs.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

Liking this bottom six line-up. This is where the Henrique deal needs to pay off. Solid, responsible veteran third line. Line 4 of Foegele, McLeod, Perry has a shot to create problems with their size, speed and forecheck with Perry as a net front garbage collector. Foegele better be fired out of a cannon after his healthy scratches.

If McLeod can't meet the moment, having a harder game Carrick ready in the bullpen is a real good thing. Only downside is Oil lose two excellent right hand face-off options with both Carrick and Ryan out.

EDIT: Missed size in my original post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Sportsnet mustve paid OEG brinks. Why the f*** would you want to work with such an unprofessional group especially when they actively throw shade at your organization?

I wish TSN got the Oilers contract, SN doesn't deserve an 11 year contract but here we are and $$$$ talks.
Anyone but Sportsnet. Hell, even Bezos, Apple TV, netflix, anyone but Rogers and their insufferable crew [not counting Gene, he's alright]

Foegele McLeod Perry

Will be short lived again.

Tunnel vision - no balls - too slow

What could go wrong? :laugh:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I don't know if I like the forward lines.
McLeod doesn't work at center and looked much better on the wing. That said, that 4th line is better then the 3rd line so maybe they will be swapped
McLeod just doesn't generate as much offense at center, but I suspect you're right, we'll see Janmark - Henrique - Brown do more heavy lifting that Foegele - McLeod - Perry.

The other thing is that these lines are clearly not set in stone, nor the defense outside of Ekholm-Bouchard (and rightly so with them), so things can and will change. I trust Knoblauch on this.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

Liking this bottom six line-up. This is where the Henrique deal needs to pay off. Solid, responsible veteran third line. Line 4 of Foegele, McLeod, Perry has a shot to create problems with their size, speed and forecheck with Perry as a net front garbage collector. Foegele better be fired out of a cannon after his healthy scratches.

If McLeod can't meet the moment, having a harder game Carrick ready in the bullpen is a real good thing. Only downside is Oil lose two excellent right hand face-off options with both Carrick and Ryan out.

EDIT: Missed size in my original post.

Any vet player that has to be repeatedly HS during playoffs to try to get motivated during playoffs isn't worth retaining. Foegele has been our one passenger in 2024 playoffs. Unfortunately he has been every other playoffs as well.

In 40 playoff games with the Oilers Foegele has a meager 7pts, high GA, and is -15 collectively. He's worse than a blackhole. He costs the team every playoffs and is basically to the point of being unplayable.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Rick Ball leaving SN yesterday for a US team makes me wonder if Calgary didn’t renew their contract with SN and he jumped ship.

Either way, SN production quality sucks balls. Just another example of the lack of competition in a small market like Canada and how the customer gets rear drilled as a result.

Groceries, airlines, hockey telecasting, it’s all the same.
Who's better though. TNT has jumped the shark and is already shit. Snet is the devil we know. Toronto Sports Network is vile to me. If they had our contract we'd be downloaded tiers and importance to anything from golf to Raptors, Blue Jays and Frisbee tournaments. TSN makes "joined in progress" an art form. Careful what we wish for.

He is obviously giving these 'vets' a chance to turn around their dreadful playoffs. All three will be on a short leash.
At least McLeod scored a goal and played well since being scratched the one game and is also very good at pk and one of our better defensive forwards.

Jumper cables wouldn't get Foegele moving.

Reactions: foshizzle

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Because they're veterans he trust (rightly or wrongly) who played well together holding down the win in game 6.

I think they will go back to Nurse - Kulak, Broberg - Ceci, but I don't blame him. I don't like it, but I don't blame him either.
Like anything, it’s just the start of the game. It’s a given it’ll probably be moved around as it goes on. But McLeod is fast so maybe he wants speed injected and that’s why foegle is also back in. Speed kills. Perry is not but his antics and grittiness in front of the net will hopefully bait Fla into penalties.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Who's better though. TNT has jumped the shark and is already shit. Snet is the devil we know. Toronto Sports Network is vile to me. If they had our contract we'd be downloaded tiers and importance to anything from golf to Raptors, Blue Jays and Frisbee tournaments. TSN makes "joined in progress" an art form. Careful what we wish for.

At least McLeod scored a goal and played well since being scratched
the one game and is also very good at pk and one of our better defensive forwards.

Jumper cables wouldn't get Foegele moving.
Has he? He looks like pre-scratch McLeod to me. Love the PK squad though.

Reactions: foshizzle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad