Pre-Game Talk: Return of the Rat - Stanley Cup Finals '24: Edmonton vs. Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Predict the Final

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
6 looooong days till we face off against an old nemesis. Possibly the most hated pair of players we’ve faced off against in decades will be returning to Rogers.

Sam The Chin Up Man Bennett and Ratboy.

Oilers went 0-2 against the Panthers this year and Florida is a completely different animal than we’ve faced yet. A hybrid between LA and Vancouver but with more buzzsaw.

It ain’t gonna be easy but we’ve got the best Special Teams, the Viking, Redempskin, Bouch Bombs, RZH, Shaq, the Kane Train, Coffey, KK, Connor Brown (a very secret weapon) and the 2 best players in the world.

Oilers in 5 after a rough Game 1.

Cups Comin’ Home baby!

IMG_4845.jpeg

Last edited:

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I'm going to enjoy the week, players have earned some time to recuperate before the finals and I think that bodes better for us.

Going to be an awesome series, too bad I'm not allowed to watch any of it. I only watched 2 games vs Van and 2 vs Dallas, my record is 0-4. I guess I'll catch the movie when it's all said and done.

As much as people are making noise about FLA knocking off elite goalies, I think that's wildly overblown. There's no team they beat that I think gives EDM touble, all of Tampa, NY, BOS are deeply flawed and mostly held together by a goalie and one or two players.

Going Oil in 6, think we win both in FLA, split EDM, win the cup in EDM. FLA is a similar team to Dallas and I think we can and will find their weaknesses, just have to gameplan to escape the oppressive forecheck. Will need all hands on deck moving pucks out of the D-zone, no more half ass clears. Carrick needs to draw in for McLeod or Ryan IMO.

Our PK is a machine and this needs to be the series where the boys show they learned from Vegas. FLA makes a living on chippy post whistle junk, don't get baited. If they want to take 8-10 PIM a game, all the easier for us.

Let's kill the Ghost of Calgary past...
20c9fc9f-1cde-407b-b6b3-03396dbd7f0b_text.gif

Lannes

🇮🇱🇮🇱🇮🇱
May 5, 2024
Oilers are going into this with the best PK, best powerplay, best player, second best player, best defenseman, best even-strength offence, top four playoff point-getters and the top playoff goal scorer.

I know Florida is a good team but this whole, 'Oilers don't have a chance' narrative that's taking shape is nonsense.

Oil in six.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
There are people who literally had kids because of the 2006 playoff run, are watching them graduate high school and leave for university, and can now kick back and watch the next Oilers playoff run. 18 years. 18 years. The 2006 playoff run had one of our kids, cost us 18 years.

I thought the hit Perry took in game 5 was going to sideline him and the thought of going up against Florida without him made me uneasy. I think he's going to play a big part in absorbing and attracting some of antics of Tkachuk, Bennett, Cousins, etc. and draw heat away from McDavid, Drai, Nuge & Bouch. I hope it wasn't just ink a couple of years ago in the BoA and that even with a hernia, Kane moves back in to his residence in Tkachuks head.

LET'S GO OILERS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad